JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited 3 firearms from my father and would like to learn about them and shoot them. These are a new 22 caliber revolver, a 22 caliber rifle from the 1930s and a 1918 shotgun. The last time the rifle and shotgun were fired was in the 70s.

I'm 50 years old and I have never shot a gun. Never needed to and with a father that lived through some hell of WW2, he did not go back to hunting after the war and did not bring the guns out when I was a boy.

I'd like to learn how to safely handle and shoot these guns from an exerienced and qualified instructor.
My son is shooting at Boy Scout Camp and it would be something we could do together if I received some training.

A few questions for the group.

Is there any instructor certification that I should look for when considering schools or instructors?
Any recomendations for classes or and training strategy (set of classes to take - recomended instructors/schools)?

Anyone know of a private instructor that could create a program to instruct my son and I together on the care and use of the guns I have?

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Seattle Steve

PM me. I have 2 degrees in Gunsmithing, 5 NRA Instructor Certs. I would consider private instruction if that's what would meet your needs. There are a number of fine firearms instruction schools in this area once you have obtained the basics.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews