JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't ask me how I know.................... My money is on the rear sight is at its lowest adjustment. S&W for reasons unknown to mankind screws the rear sight tight to the lowest possible adjustment with German torque; gud n tight.

Up to you: 1. Sent it back
2. Read the instructions.........which way to turn the screw to raise the rear sight........use the proper screwdriver. Please don't bugger the screw!

Report back?

Foreverlost,

SW sent me a FED EX MAILING LABEL to return to be sent to their Springfield, Massachusetts facility. They said I would have to find a FED EX center to handle the transaction. Will this work from any FED Ex facility or do I have to go through an FFL? SW said that FED EX will handle the mailing and they were not aware of any necessary FFL requirement. Will any FED EX Portland area facility handle this? Thanks. TKDGUY

I've shipped firearm warranty repairs via FedEx and UPS with a label from the manufacturer who is receiving the firearm.

For FedEx, I've dropped them at the FeEx distribution center in Lake Grove (Lake Oswego). Exit (290) on I-5, just east of the freeway, slightly north of the freeway exit.

SW sent me a FED EX MAILING LABEL to return to be sent to their Springfield, Massachusetts facility. They said I would have to find a FED EX center to handle the transaction. Will this work from any FED Ex facility or do I have to go through an FFL? SW said that FED EX will handle the mailing and they were not aware of any necessary FFL requirement. Will any FED EX Portland area facility handle this? Thanks. TKDGUY
Warranty work can be done directly. There is no need to get an FFL involved.

Slap the label they sent you on the box, drop it off at your nearest Fed-ex location. Wait. Wait more. Be patient. Wait. Hold on...nope, just kidding. Still waiting? good. It was delivered to your house yesterday, wake up!

I've shipped firearm warranty repairs via FedEx and UPS with a label from the manufacturer who is receiving the firearm.

For FedEx, I've dropped them at the FeEx distribution center in Lake Grove (Lake Oswego). Exit (290) on I-5, just east of the freeway, slightly north of the freeway exit.
I did the exact same thing with FedEx at that location. I also picked up the revolver there after the repair was completed.

When you buy a new gun, one of the features you are paying for is a guarantee that it works and all is well. If there is one little thing wrong with it, call customer service and get the ball rolling. Don't be tempted to deal with it on your own just to avoid the inconvenience of warranty return.

When you buy a new gun, one of the features you are paying for is a guarantee that it works and all is well. If there is one little thing wrong with it, call customer service and get the ball rolling. Don't be tempted to deal with it on your own just to avoid the inconvenience of warranty return.
Sent out about 12 noon or so with a SW return label to Springfield, Massachusetts. Hoping for a quick return. For the time that i had the 610 it was wonderful. I had the 6" model and with my 76 year old eye I had a 3" group at 25 yards. With the frozen elevation sight it shot at 3" low at 25.

Sent out about 12 noon or so with a SW return label to Springfield, Massachusetts. Hoping for a quick return. For the time that i had the 610 it was wonderful. I had the 6" model and with my 76 year old eye I had a 3" group at 25 yards. With the frozen elevation sight it shot at 3" low at 25.
The 610 is a wonderful handgun. I've owned three of them, different generations. I went for the four inch all three times. There is some story in this, as the 610 was introduced and dropped a couple of times due to slow sales. I'd buy one, then S&W would discontinue it and existing examples would become quite valuable, so I'd think, "Hey, I've got the autos, let the revolver go." And I did, twice. When they came back the third time around, I thought, "This is it, I'll keep this one." Which I did until I decided to downsize and I let all the 10mm stuff go. I still think it's a great, versatile cartridge. But due to problems with peripheral neuropathy, I can't safely shoot 10mm or .45 ACP in automatics anymore. So I don't have any .45 autos now either.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top