JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little over two years ago, August 5th, 2008, I founded this website based on my strong belief in the second amendment, and a deep feeling of needing to do more to try to change that aspect of the world. I believed that the more of us we were able to organize in one place, the stronger our position would be should we need to stand up and fight against those wishing to infringe on our right to bear arms. I still hold that belief, and after seeing the amazing growth and results here on this site I've decided to expand this formula to politics in general.

Like many of you, I have an unwavering belief in the US Constitution and our Founding Fathers who wrote it. Despite that, I felt that if we were truly going to reshape the 2nd amendment issue into a non-partisan right we would have to keep this site non-partisan. Though there is some conflict here and there, many different political ideologies are represented here, all brought together by their belief in the 2nd amendment. This non-partisan position, I feel, is the ultimate goal in securing our firearm rights now and into the future. The story of the Trojan horse taught us all the effectiveness of fighting our opponents from both inside their own establishments as well as the outside. This is what I intend to do.

Over the past couple of years it has been quite the struggle to resist allowing this site get away from the one issue it was founded to fight for and let it become a reflection of my personal political ideologies. This site and this issue is much bigger than just me and far too important. However, this constant internal nagging, as well as the current political climate, has driven me to create another community where we can focus on a much wider array of issues based on the values many of us hold here on this site. Many of you have been warned about posting non-firearm-related political topics on here, often more than once. While the violation of the rules disappoints me, I can't be upset, because I know you're as frustrated as I am and, like me, you want to do more. Now you will have a place to do it.

My first attempt at a broad political site was NorthwestConservative.com. While it was short-lived, it was very popular and boasted a very passionate user base. Due to a hosting error, the site went down, and due to questions about the domain name, I didn't do all I could to bring it back online. Truth is, I don't think I can call myself a conservative in the broad sense of the word. Depending on the subject I usually find myself on various locations within the political spectrum, usually along libertarian lines. I certainly didn't want to create a site for the tax and spend 'conservatives' we've had in national office for the past couple decades, in my opinion those Republicans aren't conservatives at all. I also didn't want to create a site for the social conservatives who refuse to prioritize and would rather see this country go down in a sea of debt than legalize marijuana or prostitution. The more I thought about it, the more I realized the word conservative in the site name really didn't fit well.

For almost a year I kicked around concepts and name ideas in my head, trying to figure out the best way to implement my vision of what I was trying to achieve. After all the contemplating I kept coming back to one single word; liberty. As common and cliche as that word it, it's more important now, in our current world, than ever before. Nowhere else on this planet have people enjoyed as much liberty as the American people. However, throughout history, and especially today, forces have been and are still in motion from both sides of the aisle to take that liberty away. Wikipedia (although a weak source for most knowledge) defines the word liberty as the concept of ideological and political philosophy that identifies the condition to which an individual has the right to behave according to one's own personal responsibility and free will. This is exactly the thought process I apply to every issue in the political spectrum, with the individual in mind, and this is what I want to work toward with this new endeavor.

That said, I hope you are now in a position to see where my mind is at with regards to this site as well as the new site I've created and how they relate to one another. Different goals require different tactics to achieve, which is why these two sites will be so different, although similar. This new site is literally brand new, not a single post yet. It will be what we make of it. I want to welcome all of you liberty-minded individuals to join me at this new site and see what kind of change we can bring about together.

Click here to visit NorthwestLiberty.com

I like the idea it should be interesting, people have a way of being very opinionated and position oriented when talking politics and religion. Keeping people civil who are passionate will take some effort :peace:

By the way people, the software NWLC is running is what NWFA will be running soon.

ug you have more faith in people than me...

Faith in people is what keeps me goin Jon :s0155:

I see our opponents with their minions, I figure there has to be some good people left on our side.

I'll go there if you want me to, but I might be at odds with a lot of the members. I'm more of a classical liberal which means in a nutshell "my freedom ends where your freedom begins." I disagree with tea party types who think the government should stay out of everything EXCEPT women's vaginas or gay people's lives. Or stem cell research or euthanasia or any of that other weird stuff religious people tend to oppose.

The enemy of Liberty is not the left or the right: it is the entrenched power elite. It is time for Lefty and Bubba to stop squabbling about the little s*** and start talking about how we go about defending what remains of our constitution and getting the rest back.

NorthwestLiberty.com I'm there.

Beautifuly stated! It's great to see people actualy stand up and DO something abt their political views! Can't wait to join the threads and weigh in on some of my own views. Thank you for your continued service to our comunity!

I fully agree with your ideals above, but man if I joined another site that I feel so passionately about, I'd never get any work done. I'd be posting my rants all day long. LOL. I'm glad you're starting this though. I wish you the best of luck.

I think a link next to nwfa resources is what he meant. Might be good to add a link in the forum rules to direct political topics that way.
Thanks for putting this up though, it should be a great resource and outlet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top