JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tried out my new Ruger LCP yesterday and I like it pretty well. Fired a few shots after inspecting for obstructions, just to settle in the laser etc, then fired a couple mags with defense loads carefully aiming with the laser at 7 and 15 yds. The trigger is abominable but I can live with it. I haven't looked into having it improved, I hope it can be. Accuracy was better than acceptable and the LaserMax was very close to impact point, I was surprised! Then I ran a total of 4 mags through it with a mix of RN, RNHP and Hornady Zombie Max ammo as fast as I could grind the trigger back. Not a bauble! All in all about 200 rounds. Sore hand but I could never have fired that many rounds through the Seecamp .32 that it is replacing. I am quite pleased with the little gat, it has a slide lock and the mag release is up by the trigger guard. Things the Seecamp lacked. Also much more pleasant to shoot! Seecamp had a much better trigger though.

My first laser mounted on a firearm. I think I like it but perhaps the shiny and new haven't worn off yet. I like the LaserMax because it has an ambidextrous button switch instead of a finger pad.

... keep shooting it! It's new stuff compared to that nice Seecamp feel you've been used to.
have to break you of the Seecamp habit and create new Ruger habits. lol.

The laser is a good guide on the range, particularly as ones eyes, umm ... age!

And for certain situations while socializing, a laser dot helps to determine fast target acquisition.
A little red dot on target, can be a deterrent in it's own right.

Well Wombat, I hear that aging eyes thing! It has also occurred to me that passing the dot across his antisocial eyes might prevent his opening the dance. However I am kind of a chicken and I would be much more comfortable trying it with a big bore. Also, no real Seecamp habit because if you put 15 rds thru it you wanted to call a surgeon!

I have the Crimson Trace version on my LCP and I love it. I never thought I'd put a laser on a gun until I owned an LCP... those nubs aren't much for sights. The laser cut my group sizes by well over half from 10 yards.

The trigger is awful, shooting it is unpleasant at best, but 7 rounds of 380 in a gun smaller than my wallet is just hard to beat.

I think I'm with you on loving the laser, Solomon! Shooting it is a dream compared to that d---ed Seecamp and the Seecamp didn't even have rudimentary sights. Flat top!

+1 with Burt on the Buffalo Bore 100gr HCFN. First 3 rounds are HCFN. Follow ups are Hornady FTX. Spare mag is full of FTX.

For range ammo, the RBS .380 reloads are a good thing; 100gr FMJ. Else it's PMC.