JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, and if I was in the market for a gun that size I would pay extra for the Ruger vs the PF9. The fit and finish and hand feel matter to me and if it's anything like the P3AT vs the LCP there's no contest.

Have to agree I would happily pay for an improvement over the horrible fit and finish of the kel-tec small pistols. Not to mention their long, heavy, and gritty triggers.

Wait until it hits the stores and ranges then judge on its performance.

DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT PRICE THE SIG 290 WILL BE OFFERED BY SOME OF THE LARGER GUN SHOPS IN PORTLAND. SINCE IT IS A NEW RELEASE, WOULD THE 290 FETCH A PREMIUM?

I doubt it will fetch a premium since it is not a proven design and the P250 did not sell that well for SIG. If it comes out with the $565 MSRP that is rumored you can expect it to sell for around $450-$499 I would guess.

For that price point I would rather work in to a lower end Kahr.

Yes, I think so too. If you were to substitute the CW 9 line by line for the PM 9 in PBP's comparison you might see a the CW stacking up quite favorably to the Ruger in terms of dimensions, weight, features and price.

Unless the manual thumb safety is really a must-have for you.

Since I have the floor, I must express my view on the "tactile loaded chamber indicator". Yuck.

Man, that's gotta be right up there with S&W lock and the various "billboard" safety stampings

How nice of Kel-tec to do all of the research, design and development of their PF9----and then apparently not patent it, like with the P3AT, so that Ruger could again steal their design and run with it! Ah, well, "Imitation is the best form of flattery"...........................elsullo

to copy someone elses work than do it yourself!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Yep, and if I was in the market for a gun that size I would pay extra for the Ruger vs the PF9. The fit and finish and hand feel matter to me and if it's anything like the P3AT vs the LCP there's no contest.

Agreed. I was very impressed with the LCP's refinement, reliability and decent trigger as compared to KT. I had a PF9 briefly and while it functioned flawlessly for me the trigger was terrible and kicked like a mule. For me it exceeded the how small and light can we go in a pocket 9mm. If the new Ruger is a slightly bigger and heavier yet more refined version of the PF9 I could muster some interest based on my impressions of the LCP. I'd ditch all the safety crap and the chamber flag indicator top of rail but otherwise it has promise.

That said with the P290 and rumored M&P single stack mini 9 on the way it could be an interesting year for pocket nines. Who knows Glock and SA might wake up and enter the contest as well. I'm not brand miopic so let the best cat win. PM9 and PPS are the 2 front runners to beat and at a higher price point. YMMV

Ruger launches its new LC9 « Gun Nuts Media

163.jpg

That slot on the back is to put your small change in. :p

I'd like to give it a shot, I loved the PF9 until I fired it, recoil wasn't bad but my thumb always caught the mag release and turned it into a single shot, figured if I retrained myself I'd revert back to the way I've shot my whole life in a "dang, need a new pair of pants" situation. Maybe I won't have that problem with the Ruger *shrug*

That said, I'll still always refer to is as "Kel-Tec Ripoff: The Sequel"