JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, But.........................
Iwannasee the science experiment of the rest of it rusting and growing white stuff! :D

So you ask, and ye shall receive.

Behold, the experiment that is the modern Remington shotgun. And to think, I cleaned all the gunk off of it just last week...

If you look closely you can see the receiver coating bubbling around the etchings. This is what a new Remington looks like after a nice climate controlled safe has held it for less than a year, with no field use.

This is the same safe that several weapons from the 1800's reside with no rust what so ever. Go figure.

DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0155.JPG DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0158.JPG

Ah-ha, Galvanic Reactions!
Deadly to aircraft, extremely annoying to Ferrari owners, and the bane of ship builders the world over! Shame on Remington, Shame!

Basically, your alloy frame is an Anode, and your Barrel is a Cathode, and they work against each other until the weaker Anode is gone! It's the reason they mount Zink blocks to the hulls of ships!

Ah-ha, Galvanic Reactions!
Deadly to aircraft, extremely annoying to Ferrari owners, and the bane of ship builders the world over! Shame on Remington, Shame!

Basically, your alloy frame is an Anode, and your Barrel is a Cathode, and they work against each other until the weaker Anode is gone! It's the reason they mount Zink blocks to the hulls of ships!

Makes me wonder why this setup is showing that reaction where ARs don't typically, although they also have steel barrels and aluminum receivers. Better metallurgy maybe?

That is rich, I tried to convince the wife for an anti corrosion coating to no avail as well. Here is the latest from Remington, which is even more of a joke:

"Due to Remington's bankruptcy and the changes of ownership approved by the Bankruptcy Court, Remington is not accepting new repairs. For ammunition inquiries, please contact Ammunition Product Services at 501-676-3161. Please do not send your firearm or silencer to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to us, we must reject the delivery. If you have submitted a firearm or other product to Remington for repair, please contact us at (877) 755-3450 or send an e-mail to [email protected]. We will contact you to facilitate the return of your Remington products. To assist us in serving you, please include the Remington Service Request number and the serial numbers of your Remington products, as well as your full name, telephone number, and email address. Please note that, due to the company's business situation, Remington products may be returned without having been repaired. These products should not be used unless and until you have had a qualified gunsmith complete and certify all required repairs."

That is rich, I tried to convince the wife for an anti corrosion coating to no avail as well. Here is the latest from Remington, which is even more of a joke:

"Due to Remington's bankruptcy and the changes of ownership approved by the Bankruptcy Court, Remington is not accepting new repairs. For ammunition inquiries, please contact Ammunition Product Services at 501-676-3161. Please do not send your firearm or silencer to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to us, we must reject the delivery. If you have submitted a firearm or other product to Remington for repair, please contact us at (877) 755-3450 or send an e-mail to [email protected]. We will contact you to facilitate the return of your Remington products. To assist us in serving you, please include the Remington Service Request number and the serial numbers of your Remington products, as well as your full name, telephone number, and email address. Please note that, due to the company's business situation, Remington products may be returned without having been repaired. These products should not be used unless and until you have had a qualified gunsmith complete and certify all required repairs."
Man that sucks but it does bring back memories.
About 8 years ago I messed up my 870 .
It was all my fault not a defective part.
I bent a part that holds the shells in the tube.
So basically when I pumped the gun all the shells in the tube would come out.
Not just one.
Anyway I took it to a gunsmith.
But it took almost 3 months to get fixed.
Because he couldn't get the parts from remington.
I had to go buy another shotgun to duck hunt with because it was not getting fixed.
Lol I went and bought a used cheap stogar.
To use for that duck season.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews