JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uniflow is a good one for sure.just be sure to get both drums,one is for pistol,one for rifle.
I also like the Lyman 55,but lf given the choice I'd go with the uniflow.the lyman's 3 different chambers can get almost confusing. one step above them both is Hornady.

A while back I was given a bunch of old reloading equipment and one of the items was a Redding powder measure. I really like the micrometer style adjuster on it. The new version of it looks even better and the micrometer adjuster is vastly superior to the locknut style adjuster of the RCBS.

If you decide on the Uniflow, Bi-Mart has RCBS products at 15% off until Tuesday.
I believe that they come in two sizes, small and large, which designates how much (or little) powder it can throw at once. The Small rotor is rated for .5 to 50 grains which should take care of the pistol and the smaller rifle cartridges. The Quick Change can measure from .5 to 110 grns.You may want to check this out more throughly to make sure that you get the right one.

I use my 550 for .223 and all of the pistol rounds, but weigh each of my other rifle rounds so a dipper and a trickler works for me. Also weigh each round (rifle or pistol) when I am working up a load for a new powder or bullet.

For general reloading; ball and flake powders , the Redding is my fav.
For best load accuracy: + - .1 grain with stick powders, go to The Quickmeasure: the best one around.
I use it for rifle loads using 4350, 4064, etc.
It's made in Spokane, designed by an engineer.

The RCBS Uniflow is a very good measure. Benchresters lean toward the Redding, and the Quickmeasure's claim is that it does not "chop" the larger stick granules of powder on the throw.

Inconsistency in throwing powder from a measure can be almost completely eliminated by consistent operation of the throw handle, maintaining a relatively consistent level of powder in the hopper, and some gadget guys will attach a vibrating device to the hoppper to maintain "settling of contents". Just make sure you return the device to the nightstand to eliminate unwanted frustration to others in the household.

I find that all settling of hopper contents is maintained well by the minor (and consistent) impact of the backthrow, and allow a consistent brief period of time for the measure chamber to fill before the swing forward. This method also allows all household appliances to remain where they are ready for use.

Measures that have plastic-walled hoppers can sometimes develop static that results in clinging granules to the hopper walls. A quick swipe of the interior with a "Bounce" dryer sheet remedies this immediately and for some time afterward.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top