JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
once in a while on small batches I'll use my trusty Lyman 55 measure instead of setting up the Dillon.
wow it binds like a mutha on Clays and the charges varied by half a grain ,too.
then tried new-to-me Sport pistol ,just out of curiosity. SP measures nuts on every throw ! you could not ask for a better measuring powder
.I bought it out of desperation ...Florence Bimart had it and nothing but,and only 1 jug. FOURTY FIVE BUCKS
it's working well in my cast bullet .45acp rounds . I"m a grain below max but saw no need to push 200 grain cast bullets at over 1000 fps.
......................................................Anyone else using Sport Pistol ??

Yes, I use Sport Pistol. I took the plunge on an 8# container for a good price a while back after reading good feedback from a number of users on several online forums. I mainly have used it to load 9mm with coated lead bullets, but have tried it in some others as well. I've been very pleased with it. After not seeing it available for years, I was surprised to find it at a local BiMart about a month ago. So I picked up a couple more pounds for when I deplete the initial jug.

I load pistol rounds on Dillon presses. Although I do load some Clays, Universal, Red Dot, and Unique, I've found the finer granule or grain type powders such as SP, Accurate #2,5,7,9 etc., HP38/Win 231 meeter more consistent. Clays is mostly what I've used in my 45 ACP 200 grain SWC plinking loads; glad to hear the SP works good for this application also.

once in a while on small batches I'll use my trusty Lyman 55 measure instead of setting up the Dillon.
wow it binds like a mutha on Clays and the charges varied by half a grain ,too.
then tried new-to-me Sport pistol ,just out of curiosity. SP measures nuts on every throw ! you could not ask for a better measuring powder
.I bought it out of desperation ...Florence Bimart had it and nothing but,and only 1 jug. FOURTY FIVE BUCKS
it's working well in my cast bullet .45acp rounds . I"m a grain below max but saw no need to push 200 grain cast bullets at over 1000 fps.
......................................................Anyone else using Sport Pistol ??
Don't try/buy 700X. No sir!

I never tried Clays, and never encountered that with Universal (which I think of as "Clays") on the 55. I used it extensively for Unique, Universal, AA#2 & #9. I loved its accuracy and repeatability.
It has sat in its box since I found a Belding and Mull powder drop.
I bought some 700x for use on the Dillon for 10mm - will see how that goes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews