JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh you think so, do ya? o_O
:D

I've never been in uniform and I only know what I've read or heard. But it seems to me that the rifle is the truly important arm. And the gear in the sack, and the armor, and the water, and the rifle ammo, are all more important than the sidearm...and the boots and comms...and the list goes on.

Am I not correct?

I've never been in uniform and I only know what I've read or heard. But it seems to me that the rifle is the truly important arm. And the gear in the sack, and the armor, and the water, and the rifle ammo, are all more important than the sidearm...and the boots and comms...and the list goes on.

Am I not correct?

You are correct, yet you are incorrect. I was in what can be described as a "mobile heavy unit". We were a 32) man platoon, equipped with 32) 1911A1's, 9) M-60 machinegun's 12) M203's, 11) M16's, 9) M72 LAW's, and 10) M151A2 Jeeps w/pintle mounts for those M60's.... and THOUSANDS of rounds of ammo for all of our kit.

Three line platoons (consisting as outlined), and one HQ platoon per company, four company's per battalion.

We were a veritable BUZZSAW of which you wanted no part of, and my M60 and 1911A1 were my bestestes friends on a couple different missions.

Nowadays... things change with the wind, so who knows. ;)

I believe that Americans have been conditioned, first by reality then by Hollywood, to feel more comfortable about scary or stressful situations when we have a short gun by our side!
If it's good enough for the Lone Ranger, it's good enough for me! Really not much to do with logic!:s0048:

The pistol is the almost last resort after the rifle ammo & grenades have all been utilized. Then comes the pistol until all the ammo is exhausted then it gets really primal when the K-Bar is unsheathed. o_Oo_Oo_O come git some mofo's.:eek::eek::eek::cool:

Last Edited:
The pistol is the almost last resort after the rifle ammo & grenades have all been utilized. Then comes the pistol until all the ammo is exhausted then it gets really primal when the K-Bar is unsheathed. o_Oo_Oo_O come git some mofo's.:eek::eek::eek::cool:

I believe it. Never underestimate a determined soldier and his knife!

Gurkha + kukri = lots of dead bad guys
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/shrestha.html

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top