1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

New member from mid valley

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bdb benzino, May 22, 2010.

1. bdb benzino

bdb benzino Albany OR Member

Just joined this morning. I am a member on a number of other forums and have been a gun owner all my life. I thought I would join a local forum full of people from the same amazing area as myself;). I love the Pacific Norhtwest and was born and raised here.
    I got married over 2 years ago and at the time I was not very avid about shooting or hunting like I have been in the past. About 6 months after being married I decided to look into getting my wife a samller auto for CC & SD, and that search for her ended up getting me back into avid shooting and collecting handguns again.:cool:
    In the two years since my reunion with pistols, I have had my tastes change a bit and have researched an learned alot from forums and people like here. I started out with hi-cap double stack magazine semi-auto's, played with polymer models, European pistols, and alot of different styles, and I have come full circle back around and am now loving revolvers. Funny as my father started me shooting revolvers as a small child. My other love is 1911's and single stack conceal carry peices such as Kahrs offerings:D. Funny how my tastes have changed while I learned about pistols in general. A year or more ago I had several pistols with 15 rounds or more capacity, and now a 1911 with an 8+1 capacity is the largest capacity auto I own.

I look forward to learning more from you guys and thanks!:thumbup:
  2. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Now your in for it, theres a bunch of gun nuts .....I mean enthusiasts on here.
  4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. Variety is the spice of life. I've always been a 1911 or revolver type of guy, but I just bought a Sig 229 today and am trying it out as a new carry piece. Guys like me make the firearms marketing folks smile. :laugh:
  5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWFA forum--ya it's kinda nice here most people are within 250 miles--we kinda hunt , and shoot in the same areas--enjoy yourself !