JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings, just retired baby boomer. My wife and I are downsizing, getting ready for the next phase. I grew up with guns and hunting, my Dad was career military. He loved to hunt birds as do I. My disappointment with current politicians and their misguided attempts at gun control cannot be overstated, it could be done much better. If my Dad were still here, he would be wondering why/how our personal freedoms are being trampled on, he didn't fight in 2 wars for that. Hoping to learn a few things from this forum and maybe do some trading as well.

Welcome Boomer! Enjoy the forum..great folks here.

Also, kinda funny that you're using the correct term baby boomer. Seems most Gen A, Z and Millennials think Boomer means anyone over 30..

1707181316050.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Boomer! Enjoy the forum..great folks here.

Also, kinda funny that you're using the correct term baby boomer. Seems most Gen A, Z and Millennials think Boomer means anyone over 30..
Yes, they are misguided in that respect. Along with a lot of other things. The US Census Bureau defines Baby Boomers as those born between mid 1946 and mid 1964. Meaning the youngest Boomers are 60.

Welcome from another retired boomer, last year I called it quits. Pull up a chair, kick off your shoes and stay for awhile.
Thanks for the sentiment, somehow we are busier than ever. Honestly, I don't know how I found time for work before this. Must be all the self-inflicted projects we signed up for.

Yep, last year when when I retired, the wife informed me that we were going to remodel the house, the whole house. It has been a very busy and expensive year. It's done and looks nice. But I am tired and broke now. LOL

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Okay Boomer. :rolleyes: I get to say that! Because I are one too!
Good to have another one of us here. There's lot to enjoy. Just hang loose and go easy, for awhile. Most everything you need firearms and humor-wise can be found at NWFA.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews