JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone,

A little about myself. Originally from Hawaii (some of the worse gun laws in the US in my opinion), been a resident of Washington state for the last 18 years and a truck driver for the last 15 years.

Happened to find this site while looking up info on getting an Oregon nonresident CPL since my route will put me in Oregon four days a week now. I didn't need to look into it before because I was mostly in Washington, Idaho and Montana.

Oh has anyone taken the LegalHeat course ? I figured it would cover me for the Oregon requirement and also get me set up for Utah nonresident which can be mailed in. Just incase I decide to go back to long hauling again, I'd be covered in 37 states with adding Oregon and Utah

Welcome, in Oregon it's called a CHL for Concealed Handgun License.

The training requirement for Oregon can be met by an online correspondence course and printed out certificate of completion. It only has to cover the safe handling of handguns, not their implementation or legal use of force.

I remember the first time I went in for my CHL back in the 90's carrying my 4-inch thick 201-file from the Army that had all my training history... was a bit overkill.... LOL

Welcome aboard...

The one issue I have with on-line courses, many folks can push through and pass them and still LACK the majority of competence, knowledge and skill's to safely know what they are actually doing...
Especially when it comes to firearms and Laws...
Just my opinion...

Hey everyone,

A little about myself. Originally from Hawaii (some of the worse gun laws in the US in my opinion), been a resident of Washington state for the last 18 years and a truck driver for the last 15 years.

Happened to find this site while looking up info on getting an Oregon nonresident CPL since my route will put me in Oregon four days a week now. I didn't need to look into it before because I was mostly in Washington, Idaho and Montana.

Oh has anyone taken the LegalHeat course ? I figured it would cover me for the Oregon requirement and also get me set up for Utah nonresident which can be mailed in. Just incase I decide to go back to long hauling again, I'd be covered in 37 states with adding Oregon and Utah
Welcome!!! My understanding is you can take any basic handgun course to get your Oregon CHL. If you look online it will tell all the requirements for resident and non-resident. Washington and Clackamas Counties appear to be the easiest from which to get a license. I'd look into it only because I plan on taking a class for my UTAH license and I've been told by my trainer it's a 3 month turn-around time from the time you submit your application for UTAH as they have quite a backlog. It may be easier to get your Oregon license first while you're waiting on UTAH.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top