JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
T'is the season and I am looking around for gifts, one being some magazines for an M1 Carbine. Honestly, I'm on a budget and wonder what the viability of these new manufacture magazines would be in an original M1 Carbine. I'm not going to waste my time with ProMag, so let's not go there. Other than ProMag, i'm wondering if I should ever bother with reproduction magazines in anything that isn't modern. I'm also running into gunbroker and eBay while searching for original magazines (i like guarantees)...
Can I find an online or physical retailer of original magazines?
Are reproduction magazines practical in an original firearm, are they ever worth considering?

M1 Carbine Magazines

Fulton Armory

These appear to be produced like the originals. NOT spot welded.
MIL-SPEC M1 Carbine Magazine - New USGI Spec M1 Carbine 15-Round Magazines - Keepshooting®

There were a few good condition originals at the "Oregon Arms Collectors" show show last month. This Sunday 12/17 is the one this month.
Gun Shows

The different manufacturers of the M1 carbine contracted out for mags. So original GI surplus mags have a lot of different markings.
I have the mag that came with my new manufacture Inland, a couple of Korean 30 rnd mags from the gun show and an original I bought from a member. They all work, though I haven't loaded the 30 rounders to capacity.

No luck here with aftermarket 15 rounder's. I've been given a few with carbine purchases.

I bought a few bundles [10 Mags] of the 15 rounder's from the CMP. They had them for sale back with the last batch of M1 carbines. They were all like new. And work flawlessly.

Many makers. But one pack was almost all Rock-ola mags? I had never even seen one till then.

Since I can't buy direct from CMP, I guess i'll have to go through eBay to get some rockola mags to match my pops' carbine.

I think rockola mags are marked RO? Not entirely sure, but they fetch a premium at $60 a pop from what i've seen, so I might go with inland. I'm only looking for standard 15 round mags, and he'll appreciate originals far more than knock-offs.

Thanks

The OEM magazines for my Colt 1903 are going for about $200 each on eBay, so I have a couple of those and 3 or 4 aftermarket modern ones, by random companies. Can't tell the difference as far as function, but they do look different. I don't know if this carries over to M1s, but take it for what it's worth.

Since I can't buy direct from CMP, I guess i'll have to go through eBay to get some rockola mags to match my pops' carbine.

I think rockola mags are marked RO? Not entirely sure, but they fetch a premium at $60 a pop from what i've seen, so I might go with inland. I'm only looking for standard 15 round mags, and he'll appreciate originals far more than knock-offs.

Thanks
Good luck finding a mag over 10 rounds on eBay they don't sale so called hi cap mags on eBay there are a lot of ten round mags there is one guy that has a picture of one long mag might be 20 rounds but mostly 10 rounds that I saw I'm always on eBay sometimes you can get some over ten rounds if they slip it in and nobody catches it

Last Edited:
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of site I'm looking for.

I've bought a few mags from G.A.S., they're good folks. They're always at the shows at the EXPO. Even when I got a mag that was the wrong mag for the gun there was no problem returning it at the next show.

13 Twenty rounders and 2 thirtys with 82 rounds of ammo here locally. 175$ obo. Bet i could talk em down a bit and I'd be willing to make a deal with you for acquiring and shipping them to you.
Just an offer.

Edit:eek:r pass along his contact info so you could work it.

I ended up just getting him a bunch of fishing gear and .38spl ammo for the Colt Detective Special he just bought. LoL
Couldn't find flat nose / wad cutter 158gr anywhere tho, always a problem finding the right stuff!

Oh, I was going to recommend Numrich , they sometimes have good deals on stuff like that. Not always, but I've found a few hard to find items there relatively reasonable,,much better than E-bay any hoo.

I ended up just getting him a bunch of fishing gear and .38spl ammo for the Colt Detective Special he just bought. LoL
Couldn't find flat nose / wad cutter 158gr anywhere tho, always a problem finding the right stuff!

You could have got a couple of nice, properly worn, 15 round GI .30 carbine mags at the OAC show Sunday. I think thy were $20.00.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top