JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brace yourselves; the storm is coming:
Here is the latest list of anti-gun legislation filed as a response to the Las Vegas tragedy since 10/1/2017:
U.S. House of Representatives
HR 3947 – Bans parts and accessories that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm
HR 3962 – Bans online sales of ammunition
HR 3984 – Repeals the Lawful Protection in Commerce law that would allow lawsuits against FFL's and manufacturers
HR 3986 – Would require the placement of tracking ID into 'all' firearms sold in America
HR 3987 – Would require a fee to purchase a firearm through NICS and use these monies to fund the CDC to conduct research on gun violence that was previously found to be biased by Congress
HR 3998 – Bans firearms for known or 'suspected' terrorists
HR 3999 – Bans parts that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm
HR 4018 – Institutes a '3' day waiting period nationally for purchase of handgun
HR 4025 – Expands reporting of multiple firearms sales
HR 4052 – Would 'ban' possession and transfer of large capacity magazines (More than 10 rounds)
HR 4057 – Expansion of Prohibition for firearms ownership for being on a Terrorist Watch List
U.S. Senate
S. 1915 – Would require all firearms to be personalized for restricted access and use
S. 1916 – Bans parts and accessories that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm
S. 1923 – Expands background checks of firearms
S. 1939 – Repeals the Lawful Protection in Commerce law that would allow lawsuits against FFL's and manufacturers
S. 1945 – Would 'ban' possession and transfer of large capacity magazines (More than 10 rounds)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Boy I sure hope the (S. 1939 – Repeals the Lawful Protection in Commerce law that would allow lawsuits against FFL's and manufacturers) doesn't pass Or I'll close my doors or computer screen as it were

Outside of completing their pack for the Bloomberg money they are getting there is no bill or proposed law listed here that actually stops aggression. Jail obviously is not a big deterrent for criminals who have survived the system and can't vote anyway. Let's threaten the people we begged to elect us.

So, there are like 5 posts with this same list of bills (maybe 4 with a quoted one)
Search Results for Query: HR 3947 | Northwest Firearms - Oregon, Washington, and Idaho Gun Owners

What is the goal?

Clearly the political goal is control.

The selling point is "reduction of gun violence"
That's nice. How do we achieve that?
Eliminate the War on Drugs.

Gun Violence Would Plummet If We Just Called off the Drug War | Thomas J. Eckert

"Which is, although mass shootings have taken on a repulsive popularity recently, the gun violence surrounding the War on Drugs has created more casualties than every mass shooting in the US combined."

I read your list and didn't see anything New that hasn't been on the table off and on for years.

The difference is now they have some momentum and a bunch of weak kneed RHINOs hand wringers. Hopefully the emotions will die down enough to have a rational look at things.

Oregon, of course, is screwed. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: We would have been screwed anyway, but the LAS massacre moves up the timeline of tyranny by years.

I for one feel safer for all these proposed bills.
If they become laws , we all know that criminals and terrorists will be the first in line to embrace and obey any such laws...:rolleyes:

Again...why are we as law abiding gun owners held accountable and penalized for the misdeeds of others?
Andy

I for one feel safer for all these proposed bills.
If they become laws , we all know that criminals and terrorists will be the first in line to embrace and obey any such laws...:rolleyes:

Again...why are we as law abiding gun owners held accountable and penalized for the misdeeds of others?
Andy

^^^ THAT, right there!

Andy
I hate to say it but you answered your own question. It's because we are Law Abiding Citizens. I heard a comment the other day and it kind of stuck with me. "Well, if he is willing to do the transfer and pay the fee, I guess I'm willing to forget about it being transferred!"

What if speech writers , news reporters , book writers , movie directors , etc.. were held accountable for the real life violent acts that were inspired by their works , words or actions?
Would there be:
Cries of censorship?
Bills wanting to limit how fast you can print a article or limit how many words used?
Folks asking why do you need to say or write that phrase or thought?
Wanting to register keyboards and computers?
Criminalizing of what you do for a living , a hobby or take a interest in?

This is what happens to us as law abiding gun owners after a criminal uses a gun...
Yet no one does the same when a criminal says that they were influenced by media of any type.
That was part of my point with my quote of:
Again...Why are we as law abiding gun owners held accountable and penalized for the misdeeds of others?"
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR