JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum.

Right now, there are no organized cleanup activities because of Covid-19, but the announced cleanups are a great way to learn where to go safely and what are the proper ways to shoot on public land.

Here's a good resource:

check out sawtell/family camp rd. and Crooked Finger rd. out SE of you. Google maps or google earth will help you find some clearings to check out.

Always make sure there is a good backstop, and know what is behind your backstop. Stumps ARE NOT a good backstop. Dont shoot over or towards waterways, roads, trails, campers, etc. Bring a shovel and a couple gallons of water in case of fire, and a trash bag to pick up after yourself, and others if the mood strikes you.

I can't think of anywhere really close to you but then again everywhere I go to shoot is at least an hour or so drive. And as for recent posts I've noticed that you have to go to the end of the threads. My best suggestion would be to pick a place and just make a day trip out of it. I'm still pretty new to this whole shooting areas thing myself . Best of luck with your adventure

I've heard alot of good things about the ez's and I really want to get my wife the 9mm for her concealed but haven't been able to find one for her to put her hands on before we buy it. Glad to hear you found something you like to shoot, that's important because it promotes practice and training. And that's the only way to get better :).

If you go shooting out in the forest, don't go alone. Just two weeks ago I and a friend had an "interaction" with what appeared to be a tweaker couple, then a group of "migrants" on the same trip.

Last Edited:
I've heard alot of good things about the ez's and I really want to get my wife the 9mm for her concealed but haven't been able to find one for her to put her hands on before we buy it. Glad to hear you found something you like to shoot, that's important because it promotes practice and training. And that's the only way to get better :).
My daughter got the Smith &Weston 9 mm, not compact like mine but she really loves it..we are taking shooting classes together. I like the easy but it racks easily and the clip it is easy to load, plus there is less recoil. I have all hands so it is a great fit for me.

I definitely don't go alone either. I'm going to try and make it out to Indian Henry I think on Saturday with a friend and hopefully can get my wife to come with also. I haven't been up there in years and my buddy wants to sight in a scope and said that's a good place so hopefully it goes well.

If you go shooting out in the forest, don't go alone. Just two weeks ago I and a friend had an "interaction: with what appeared to be a tweaker couple, then a group of "migrants" on the same trip.
lol the "tweaker couple" or "migrants" were probably like spiders. Scared of you more than you of them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top