JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, all. I just moved to Oregon from California in January. The question that's foremost on my mind is where can I go to find an open piece of land to legally shoot without going to a range? I'm in Ashland.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Oregon. You've made the first step in the right direction ;)

I'm up in northern Oregon, just outside of Portland, so I can't help you with a shooting location. Best to get the input from some locals down south to make sure you're getting yourself to a safe and legal spot. Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome. I went to college here back in 1989-90 and have been dying to get back ever since . . . and dying to get out of CA. The gun stores here give me a feeling that a kid in a candy shop would have! Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds? Who would have thought such a place existed?!?! :)

No, not quite nirvana, I've found that out already (maybe more on that later), but definately still better than CA. Of course, not many places aren't better than CA. :p

Thanks, will. I'm just wanting to drive somewhere remote and shoot. From what I saw on another site that seems to be pretty much anywhere except where it's posted not to shoot. Just wanted to make sure.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top