JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, all. I just moved to Oregon from California in January. The question that's foremost on my mind is where can I go to find an open piece of land to legally shoot without going to a range? I'm in Ashland.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Oregon. You've made the first step in the right direction ;)

I'm up in northern Oregon, just outside of Portland, so I can't help you with a shooting location. Best to get the input from some locals down south to make sure you're getting yourself to a safe and legal spot. Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome. I went to college here back in 1989-90 and have been dying to get back ever since . . . and dying to get out of CA. The gun stores here give me a feeling that a kid in a candy shop would have! Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds? Who would have thought such a place existed?!?! :)

No, not quite nirvana, I've found that out already (maybe more on that later), but definately still better than CA. Of course, not many places aren't better than CA. :p

Thanks, will. I'm just wanting to drive somewhere remote and shoot. From what I saw on another site that seems to be pretty much anywhere except where it's posted not to shoot. Just wanted to make sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top