JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
with a little prompting I was introduced to a number of utube inquiries that raise questions previously ignored.....in the Santa Clara etc Cali fires, there seems to be 'anomalous fire behavior'.

So be warned....if you are a member of the 'Took the Cure Conspiracy Abatement Survivors Society' do NOT look at this phenomena.

If you are interested, sample a few & post your comments.
Here's one to start with :

She uses a lot of big words that she does not understand. Her "research" is tying a bunch of unrelated effects to explain something that is simple to explain without a conspiracy theory.... Like the wind blew an ember onto that house and that the "terracotta" tiles are man made synthetic versions which are far more common than the "real" ones.

the wind-no street debris guy probably was of the same generic class as well; still the photos they post aren't like the ones I've seen elsewhere; perhaps photoshopped as well

House fires happen all the time this one could have nothing to do with the wild fire in the area. It could also be a simple case of insurance fraud.

as to the cell phone tower comment what does this moron think happens when fire comes in contact with electronics?

I had sort of expected a riff on the 'microwaves from secret satellite' approach; failing that the 'secret Alaskan HAARP project' was somehow responsible;

Fortunately my vaccination shot remains intact from all sorts of Conspiracy-itis.

My cousin survived the Wine Country fire up north of the Bay a couple months back and could certify 'standard wildfire' etc.

My little claim to fame was that long ago I did drive a Fire Engine for a small ISO Class 1 Fire Department. Weird stuff happens. Yes trees can be left untouched. I have seen spot brands one mile ahead of the fire. Under the weather, wind, fuel and urban interface conditions that were perfect for that conflagration, crazy stuff will seem to occur. Very bad, very sad. Shiet happens. :(

Conspirators just need something to hang onto. Why I do not know. My first impression is photo shop.

Respectfully.

I haven't dropped in to monitor current musings of the Conspiracy Corner for a long time, and hadn't even thought such might be active in these fires.

Many decades ago me & a buddy were in an early version of 'citizen rescue' training, & got first hand exposure to a sudden foot-hills brush fire in the Boise Valley. We were out scouting for our next dirt bike rally point. Given there was one dirt track out of the excitement we parked the beater in the middle of a very large flat oval several hundred yards in all directions to 'the brush'. We went scouting around & were basically told to beat it when the actual crews arrived.

Back at the old Plymouth, sitting on a patch of mostly dirt & a little cheatgrass stubs, somehow a tongue of fire had advanced opportunistically and was only about 30 yards from our cruiser!!! If the cheat grass had been any higher than shoe sole level it may well have been a goner. Odd then too, as the blackened flame tongue was only about a yard wide and took a odd looping approach from downwind of the rig parked upwind of the actual brush fire.

The Terra-Cotta half-pipe tiles aren't burning. But the wooden roof structure that they are laid on, is.
Look down into the parts of the house where the roof is gone, and the tiles can be seen scattered around in what used to be the living space.
The tiles are laid on/over wood much the same as any other roofing material. Only in the case of tile, it's heavier so the roof structure must be built stronger. But it's still wood and it still burns, and it still has Asphalt Impregnated Felt (known by the layman as "tarpaper") under it. The AIF ignites and burns VERY readily.

And most Terra-Cotta would be considered safe for microwave use, even though red clays do have some iron oxide content that contributes to their red hue.

IYAM, this is one CT you can park in the dumpster.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top