JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AND I have taken a all plastic hand operated pump DESIGNED FOR WATER and attached a thread on the bottom so I can add a 12 ft PVC pipe to it.. Which should reach into most station tanks..
-Joshua

A hand pump designed for water may self-destruct when used for pumping gasoline. It all depends on the materials used for construction. PVC plastic will work, ABS won't. Viton and Teflon seals and diaphragms work, Buna and Neoprene won't. MAKE SURE the pump is compatible, and MAKE SURE what you're pumping! Ethanol mixed fuels will stratify if water is added to the tank in a percentage greater that the alcohol can suspend. When that happens, the bottom layer will be an unburnable mix of water and alcohol, and the upper layer will be really low octane gas. The alcohol acts as the octane booster. MAKE SURE you have an inlet strainer on your pump. You'd be shocked at what lies in the bottom of some fuel tanks.
As far as BOVs, IMHO pre-2007 Diesel vehicles that don't require Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel fuel to run are the only way. Many more options for fuel since oil is in every hydraulic system, crankcase, restaurant kitchen, and fat politician (after rendering). I have a 93 F250 with a 7.3 Pre- Powerstroke Diesel, and 85 Isuzu Pup Diesel, and a 66 CJ5 that is slated for an Isuzu Diesel engine. My neighbor has a centrifuge and is starting to process used oil into fuel. I keep fuel on hand for all my rigs.

How bout a on-off road dirt bike?. mine gets 50+ mpg and has a 6 gallon tank, could throw a spare gas can on the back to extend the range to somewhere around 600 miles. am able to get around on most deer trails as well as cruise down the hiway at over 70 m.p.h. for stream crossings, just get off and feather the clutch while walking next to it.I also a carry a small rope block and tackle setup so if i lay it in a hole i can pull it out by myself.. simple engine, 1 sparkplug, 1 simple carburator. but not sure how long there will be gas when s.h.t.f... probably will be looking for some mules or train a cow to carry a pack(preferably a cow that is still giving milk) :)

coburg hills 001.jpg

How bout a on-off road dirt bike?. mine gets 50+ mpg and has a 6 gallon tank, could throw a spare gas can on the back to extend the range to somewhere around 600 miles. am able to get around on most deer trails as well as cruise down the hiway at over 70 m.p.h. for stream crossings, just get off and feather the clutch while walking next to it.I also a carry a small rope block and tackle setup so if i lay it in a hole i can pull it out by myself.. simple engine, 1 sparkplug, 1 simple carburator. but not sure how long there will be gas when s.h.t.f... probably will be looking for some mules or train a cow to carry a pack(preferably a cow that is still giving milk) :)

A lot of good aspects to a dirt bike for sure, but everyone and their grandma is going to know you're coming.

-d

would the pvc pipe really work for pumping out gas?you know how the gas station videos always show the gas igniting in the bed of the pickups from static charge?wouldn't the pvc hold the same static charge if you just pulled it from your truck liner too?
i dont know if i would want to be the first guy to do this,i think i would watch from the other side of the street the first time.

A lot of good aspects to a dirt bike for sure, but everyone and their grandma is going to know you're coming.

-d
not sure what you mean?. my bike is 4 stroke 650 and is very quiet,, the loudest part of my ride is gravel crunching under the tires.. i am assuming you are thinking of a 2 stroke loud exhaust ..dirt bike?
either way, will probably be no gas anyways after about 6 months.:s0131:

not sure what you mean?. my bike is 4 stroke 650 and is very quiet,, the loudest part of my ride is gravel crunching under the tires.. i am assuming you are thinking of a 2 stroke loud exhaust ..dirt bike?
either way, will probably be no gas anyways after about 6 months.:s0131:

Ah, yeah, good catch, Para. I was thinking of the 2 stroke that I love to hear echo across the mountain side when I'm out hiking/camping. +1 for you! =)

-d

would the pvc pipe really work for pumping out gas?you know how the gas station videos always show the gas igniting in the bed of the pickups from static charge?wouldn't the pvc hold the same static charge if you just pulled it from your truck liner too?
i dont know if i would want to be the first guy to do this,i think i would watch from the other side of the street the first time.

Put a metal fitting on the outlet of the pump and ground it to the fill pipe of the tank. Use gasoline rated hose so it has an internal ground built into the hose.

A hand pump designed for water may self-destruct when used for pumping gasoline. It all depends on the materials used for construction. PVC plastic will work, ABS won't. Viton and Teflon seals and diaphragms work, Buna and Neoprene won't. MAKE SURE the pump is compatible, and MAKE SURE what you're pumping! Ethanol mixed fuels will stratify if water is added to the tank in a percentage greater that the alcohol can suspend. When that happens, the bottom layer will be an unburnable mix of water and alcohol, and the upper layer will be really low octane gas. The alcohol acts as the octane booster. MAKE SURE you have an inlet strainer on your pump. You'd be shocked at what lies in the bottom of some fuel tanks.
As far as BOVs, IMHO pre-2007 Diesel vehicles that don't require Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel fuel to run are the only way. Many more options for fuel since oil is in every hydraulic system, crankcase, restaurant kitchen, and fat politician (after rendering). I have a 93 F250 with a 7.3 Pre- Powerstroke Diesel, and 85 Isuzu Pup Diesel, and a 66 CJ5 that is slated for an Isuzu Diesel engine. My neighbor has a centrifuge and is starting to process used oil into fuel. I keep fuel on hand for all my rigs.

All kidding aside,if you don't have the correct plastics for fuel you will make a very dangerous situation.
You start pumping and the plastics desolve with the gas flowing,then it bursts and blows all over you.

Not a good situation

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top