JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This sounds like it would be fun to watch. Imagine clearing Thunderville with a Sharps. :)

Old Rifle Course ORC
3 DAYS
Nominal 400-450 ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION
$900

The Old Rifle Course is formatted to address all rifles from single shot era i.e. Sharps to the modern era circa 1959 to include the M14/M1A platforms. This is a marksmanship course but as well a forum for student to learn and nurture defensive skills with rifles types that may seem to be archaic to the unknowing.

Paper and steel targets will be engaged from muzzle to 700 plus yards or bluntly as far as the student can continue to get repeat hits on the targets presented. Primary ranges are 0-300 yards or ranges that are considered to be danger close. Additional drills will address movement and use of cover and concealment and tactical issues appropriate to the rifle being used…i.e. Black Powder rifle fire leaves a significant muzzle signature, loading the M1 Garand en bloc clip in prone as subtle examples. Modest over watch movement up and down, prone, kneeling some lateral and back and forth movement. It is not a run & gun be on fire course.

Notices:
It is important TO KNOW AND CONFIRM your ammunition type NO armor piercing /steel core or tracer ammunition is allowed in this course…it is dangerous and that is good and it’s supposed to be, but not in this format, it will create fires and ruin armored targets. Ball ammunition as an example .30-06 for a 1903A3 Springfield / M1 Garand are acceptable and lead bullets for Sharps rifles are all good.

Rifle examples, not limited to these rifles:
• M1 Garand
• M1 Carbine
• 1903/1903A3 Springfield
• Enfield
• Sharps/Rolling Blocks Remington
• M14/M1A
• Lever Action Rifles Winchester 1873/1892/1886/1894

Eye ear protection at knee elbow protection light mat for prone firing.
Load bearing gear for ammo and extra ammunition systems magazine i.e. if required

Looks like they have new Advanced 1911 and long-range AR-15 offerings also.

<broken link removed>

Since Thunder Ranch is a lead-free facility and so does not allow normal ammunition (a fact which disqualifies them from my business) - I wonder how one is supposed to find lead-free ammunition in "classic" calibers for this course?

7.5mm Swiss
6.5mm Swede
etc.

Since Thunder Ranch is a lead-free facility and so does not allow normal ammunition (a fact which disqualifies them from my business) - I wonder how one is supposed to find lead-free ammunition in "classic" calibers for this course?

7.5mm Swiss
6.5mm Swede
etc.

Thunder ranch is lead free / frangible for the handgun courses.
If you read the description above- " Ball ammunition as an example .30-06 for a 1903A3 Springfield / M1 Garand are acceptable and lead bullets for Sharps rifles are all good. "- you would have your answer.

Found a course for you guys! Me too! :)

<broken link removed>
Long Range Scoped AR15 Course
2 Day
Thunder Ranch Oregon Classroom, Smith Home and TR long gun range...that is covered to protect us from the snow;)
$900
Ammo: 500 rounds REGULAR rifle ammo
(AKs are welcome)

Ammo suggestion would be like a 70 or 77 grain TSX.

We will require you bring 500 rounds of regular ammo...frangible is NOT needed for this course.

I did a revolver class with Clint Smith. If I thought I could muster up the money for this, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to clear the shoot house with a Garand...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top