JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was watching a video last night made by a CA LGS intended to help residents understand the new law and learned something I DIDN'T know - IF you have NEVER bought a firearm in CA you are 'not in the system' and will need to accomplish a 'Basic eligibility check' to the tune of $19 and can take up to 10 DAYS to complete! AND if you remain gun purchase free in CA you will be required to accomplish this check at EACH transaction! This also applies If you HAVE purchased a firearm and the address on the purchase transaction does NOT match your home address - such as if you moved.
And the icing on the cake is if a CA resident does NOT have something called the 'Real ID' they cannot buy ammo at all!
I can ONLY imagine how many people are going to learn about these little caveats of then new law and are going to be REAL POd!!

Sigh....

Here is a link to a flow chart and other information that describes CA's "AmmoSnafu":

Ammo Background Checks | CRPA: California Rifle & Pistol Association

Here is another link for the main Calguns 2018/219 AmmoSnafu thread - all 309 post so far. Perhaps check out post #302 for a brief summary:

2018/2019 AMMO LAW THREAD - ask here, not a new thread - Calguns.net

If from out of state it would probably be best to bring your own ammo with you to CA unless purchasing it and shooting at a gun range.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but it isint. Some dude at work was telling me Kate it related to what's his face California. Any truth to this??? If so, were DEFINITELY headed down the same path as Cali...

Ammo-Check-Options-CPRA-Logo-copywrite.jpg

Gee, I wonder if the Founders would have put up with this horescrap ... :rolleyes:

I know this is somewhat off topic, but it isint. Some dude at work was telling me Kate it related to what's his face California. Any truth to this???
The rumor that Kate was Gov. Moonbeam's (Gerry Brown's) baby sister was going around for a while. However, it turns out that Moonbeam's baby sister has a slightly different first or middle name (can't remember which).

Most important for those not living in California: should you ever visit CA and need to buy ammo you're out of luck. You can buy ammo at a range if they are an "ammo dealer", but must consume all ammo there.

I was watching a video last night made by a CA LGS intended to help residents understand the new law and learned something I DIDN'T know - IF you have NEVER bought a firearm in CA you are 'not in the system' and will need to accomplish a 'Basic eligibility check' to the tune of $19 and can take up to 10 DAYS to complete! AND if you remain gun purchase free in CA you will be required to accomplish this check at EACH transaction! This also applies If you HAVE purchased a firearm and the address on the purchase transaction does NOT match your home address - such as if you moved.
And the icing on the cake is if a CA resident does NOT have something called the 'Real ID' they cannot buy ammo at all!
I can ONLY imagine how many people are going to learn about these little caveats of then new law and are going to be REAL POd!!
Why the bubblegum did you vote the bubblegums into office that did this? Your fault...don't whine now.

Why the bubblegum did you vote the bubblegums into office that did this? Your fault...don't whine now.

Let me see if I have this straight. We in CA are stuck with basically one party rule and where past practice for politicians has been to hide what is now openly anti-2A. On the other hand WA voters directly vote the foolishness of 1639 into existence.

So, do you really want to stick with the posturing comment of "Your fault...don't whine now"?

Perhaps we should stick together and keep our NDs focused in the proper direction...towards those who look to strip us of our rights and liberty.

Last Edited:
Let me see if I have this straight. We in CA are stuck with basically one party rule and where past practice for politicians has been to hide what is now openly anti-2A. On the other hand WA voters directly vote the fololishness of 1639 into existence.

So, do you really want to stick with the posturing comment of "Your fault...don't whine now"?

Perhaps we should stick together and keep our NDs focused in the proper direction...towards those who look to strip us of our rights and liberty.
You're right. I was wrong. I tried my best to stop people from voting for 1639 and I'm sure you are the same. It's frustrating that so many people in both our states are so gullible. I didn't mean to put you in that group but there so many gun owners not doing enough to stop this. Best of luck to your efforts.

You're right. I was wrong. I tried my best to stop people from voting for 1639 and I'm sure you are the same. It's frustrating that so many people in both our states are so gullible. I didn't mean to put you in that group but there so many gun owners not doing enough to stop this. Best of luck to your efforts.

Thanks. I share your frustration and hope that many wake up and make a difference. Best wishes.

Thanks. I share your frustration and hope that many wake up and make a difference. Best wishes.

The problem in CA is the same as WA and OR. Millions of gun owners who either can't be bothered to vote, or who virtue signal and toss their votes. Even in CA if you could get a few million people to vote as a block? It would not fix it in one election but do that for a few elections and watch what would happen. Sadly getting the gun owners to do this is like herding cats. A LOT of gun owners will be shocked when they find out about this new law. A lot of them who could not be bothered to vote will scream it is all the fault of the NRA even though they did not vote or join.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top