JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The photo of Alaskan gun owners made me cringe. Guy with his pants around his ankles holding his hands over a young woman's ears as she fires a rifle across water.

Let's put all this wasted hot air, belittling, and derogatory talk about Oregon/Washington gun owners to bed, can we? It's become very tiresome and causes people, me for sure, to quit reading the board at times.

If you can believe this? If not, feel free to find your own, more better stats.
Gun ownership by state
Gun ownership by state
Gun ownership by state

In Douglas County, its much higher the amount of Conceal Carry is around 20% and the rate of ownership is about 60%.

In Douglas County, its much higher the amount of Conceal Carry is around 20% and the rate of ownership is about 60%.

I don't doubt that. That doesn't mean a thing though when the guv'nor puts an anti gun measure on the ballot and the whole state votes, like in WA. About a quarter of the population owns guns. And I would believe that even some of them would vote for new laws restricting firearm ownership. My point was quit hounding gun owners for not doing enough. They don't have the ##s to outvote non-gun owners that believe there should be ridiculous restrictions on gun ownership.

I don't doubt that. That doesn't mean a thing though when the guv'nor puts an anti gun measure on the ballot and the whole state votes, like in WA. About a quarter of the population owns guns. And I would believe that even some of them would vote for new laws restricting firearm ownership. My point was quit hounding gun owners for not doing enough. They don't have the ##s to outvote non-gun owners that believe there should be ridiculous restrictions on gun ownership.
I agree with your assesment....but that means its time to stop being nice.....what does the other side do when they dont get what they want? We need to be worse than they are to preserve our rights.

In DC actually those laws passed and I wont say which ones will not result in a charge here. In total defiance.
Brown stain, doesn't rule here. And we have a County Law stating it as well. Figure hey little miss carpet bagger can ignore Constitutional Law, Our county and state can ignore her state law. Seems a good response.

Last Edited:
The problem in CA is the same as WA and OR. Millions of gun owners who either can't be bothered to vote, or who virtue signal and toss their votes. Even in CA if you could get a few million people to vote as a block? It would not fix it in one election but do that for a few elections and watch what would happen. Sadly getting the gun owners to do this is like herding cats. A LOT of gun owners will be shocked when they find out about this new law. A lot of them who could not be bothered to vote will scream it is all the fault of the NRA even though they did not vote or join.

I see you post similar comments to this in so many threads, do you have any empirical data to back this up? Unless gun owners vote in a lower percentage than everybody else, this is not the issue.

It's simply a numbers game. Because of the Puget Sound corridor and Spokane, there are more people who vote anti-gun than those who vote pro-gun in WA. Because of the initiative process it only takes one more person than we have for their side to win.

In a hypothetical world where gun owners voted at a 100% rate, we would be able to wield an outsized influence. But that's not reflective of reality, and if even if you could somehow could get every single gun owner to vote, you are assuming that the other side wouldn't similarly motivate their people to vote in greater numbers as well. Barring statistical data to the contrary, I would say voter apathy affects all sides about equally.

Blame a political system that permits a tyranny of the majority rather than your fellow gun owners.

I see you post similar comments to this in so many threads, do you have any empirical data to back this up? Unless gun owners vote in a lower percentage than everybody else, this is not the issue.

I know many do not want to hear it, so like you they pretend its not true. <shrug>
The numbers are there, so many just choose to ignore them. Can't help you there.

The only gun owners I hound are the ones who either dig up the old excuse that "we are outnumbered so my vote means nothing" and the ones who virtue signal by throwing the vote away. Both of these LARGE groups of gun owners then scream at every new law that effects them, that it was all someone else who was at fault. If you can't be bothered to vote, don't complain about the winner. Sadly this is a hell of a lot of gun owners.

I know many do not want to hear it, so like you they pretend its not true. <shrug>
The numbers are there, so many just choose to ignore them. Can't help you there.

So your assertion is it gun owners vote in less numbers then the anti-gun majority in the state? You also assert that if those numbers were to rise it would be enough to outvote the anti-gun crowd? Let's see your numbers.

If you were to read the entire thread I apologized and admitted my error. But still get pissed at gun owners in both states who didnt do enough to try and prevent this infingement.

Sadly way too many either are all in on "compromise", that is until it effects them. Then they of course get mad. They are joined at the hip by way to many who roll out the we don't stand a chance crowd. Since they want to believe they don't need to bother to vote they can't wait to tell anyone who will listen to them the same drivel. Sadly there is not going to be a takeover. Only way to make change is if most gun owners finally agree to vote together. Can't happen in one election. If we could get most to do so for a few they would start to see some real change. Throwing in the towel and saying we are outnumbered so nothing I can do will give us more of what we already have.

@Alexx1401

No one is saying "give up." Vote, write your senators and representatives, sue to throw throw out gun control laws via the court. Where we have the numbers at the local level, elect pro-gun politicians. Do everything to let those in power know that even if we're not the majority we're a vocal and large minority who matters.

That being said, if a referendum to ban guns were held today in CA, OR, or WA and every single person voted-pro-gun, and anti- we would probably lose. I can't speak to the swing group that doesn't really care either way- but I suspect they usually swing to the other side. It's a simple numbers game. If you don't agree, let's see your numbers.

You're like a broken record- placing the blame on a subset of a minority (gun owners that vote for gun control, or don't vote, or vote for a candidate you think is wrong). The numbers don't support your position.

I happen to think that our best chance is in the courts. Which is unfortunate, but restrictions on what laws can be passed is how a minority group avoids falling victim to a tyranny of the majority.

Voting and political advocacy in all that is great, let's do that too. But what I'm saying is if every gun owner did exactly what you're saying it wouldn't be enough votes. That alone is not a winning strategy.

OK guys, we get it. It's the blue wall that is defining the left coast. No need to armchair quarterback the why's and who's of how we got here. Time to figure out how to fall back, regroup and get some strategery going.
Every time we fight amongst ourselves another proggie finds his (its) secret gender.

OK guys, we get it. It's the blue wall that is defining the left coast. No need to armchair quarterback the why's and who's of how we got here. Time to figure out how to fall back, regroup and get some strategery going.
Every time we fight amongst ourselves another proggie finds his (its) secret gender.

There are a few guys in that state, CA, who are trying VERY hard to turn the ship there. They keep running into that same wall though, too many gun owners who just will not help in any way. Sadly what happens there started to migrate our way, as many of us have seen last couple decades. ID is looking better all the time as one kid is there now. Of course even this is a "short term" fix though as the same thing will happen there.

Stupid Ca. laws:

That is totally insane. I would suggest NO ONE in Commiefornia step foot in, or purchase ANYTHING what so ever, from ANY and ALL firearms stores starting NOW. Clearly the capitol denizens don't give one rip about the 2nd amendment. Maybe if the businesses that carry firearms, accessories and ammo don't sell anything for a week THEY will rattle the cages of the critters in SACramento?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top