JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tons of sites on the web for Spud Guns > <broken link removed> which can be adapted to shoot golf balls. Here's my version, sized for Idaho #2's . . .

It'll chuck a nice, fresh spud two hundred yards on 125# of air. I used a 3/4" lawn sprinkler valve to dump the air. 1-1/2" PVC for the barrel and 2" PVC pipe for the reservoir.

When needing to get serious, I use this one.

Despite having croquet balls in the picture, it actually is sized to fire pool balls. I get a half-mile out of 1/8 cup of Fg black powder.

Edit: I chronographed the spud gun at 352 fps. Tried to chronograph the cannon but it said, "Error" and hasn't worked since. :confused:

DSCN1637-1.jpg cannon1.jpg cannon2.jpg

Last Edited:
I've had an interest in launching rockets and blowing sh!t up since the 60's.

Those Estes rocket igniter things are okay, but awkward and fragile, and they fail sometimes. For me, there's something special about the thrill of lighting a short length of that green waterproof cannon fuse and backing away in anticipation - or running like hell with my ears covered depending on the mission.

http://www.cannonfuse.com/store/pc/American-Visco-Cannon-Fuse-p1.htm

Last Edited:
And exactly what is "That kind of money" You taking about $40 grand? $80? $150? Cant be cheap

The Brass and Bronze cannons that the Civil war guy's out in WY shoot ran them $40k +.

If I was going to spend that much I would just get a 25 mm Puteaux.
A guy out in Portland had one for sale last month for 20k with ammo.
Either way you still have to roll your own ammo.

P.S.
I built a black powder beer can mortar out of well head pipe for around $50. that would shoot well over 1k yards.:)

Go talk to a bowling alley. They will give them away when they are out of service life.

I've made a few bachelor party ball and chains over the years and I've been fortunate to get them that way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top