Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Beretta ARX100 Left handed shooters rejoice!

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by IheartSig, Feb 19, 2015.

1. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

So excited for this. I was lucky enough to play with one yesterday at Threat Dynamics. The dealer was there showing it off. I can't wait.

2. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Lotsa coin for that one. How's the trigger?

3. IheartSig

It wasn't perfect, not as crisp as I would have thought, but at the same time I can overlook it for the advantages it offers. It was very light, it felt good in the hands, well balanced and maneuverable. The rep said they are working on conversion barrels and more features. I'm sure it won't be long before someone else improves the trigger.

4. Double0fox

Double0fox Tacoma WA Member

I just brought one home the other night. Haven't shot it yet, but it is really light. Tearing it down takes seconds, and I do mean seconds(no tools needed) So far I like it alot. Agreed on the trigger though. But there isn't many factory triggers on rifles (I have shot anyways) that were great out of the box.
    IMG_0734_zpsca4802cc.jpg

P7id10T and IheartSig like this.
  5. P7id10T

Thanks - good to know. I ask because _every_ tupperware Beretta I have ever shot had the sloppiest, creeping trigger I have ever squeezed. I would suspect there will be an aftermarket version soon.
    Since you've taken it down, in your opinion, can the lower be modded as much/easily as an AR's?

6. IheartSig

I'm quite envious, if you don't mind, did you pick it up locally or order it?

7. Double0fox

I ordered it.

8. Double0fox

I don't think so. Plus I am sure it will not have the aftermarket support the AR does. Alot of people don't like that most AR parts are not compatible with it, but if they did then it would just be another wanna be AR. Can't please everyone. Is the rifle perfect: NO, but I like it. And it's different.

IheartSig and P7id10T like this.
  9. P7id10T

Sure as heck looks good, too!
    That is, if you like ugly, black rifles. :eek:

10. IheartSig

I have been debating the Sig 556xi, up until this point. It has most of the ambidextrous features I was after and I am, after all, a huge Sig fan boy. But the Beretta takes the edge for me with the ability to change which side the spent cases eject from with ease. That's huge for me as a lefty surrounded by right handed friends and family.

I guess its time to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys. Double0fox, did you order this online from a web site or have a dealer do it? I am wondering where I can order one at a decent price, they seem to range up/down by around 800 dollars.

11. Double0fox

IheartSig likes this.
  12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I seriously love me some Beretta, and I watched MAC's review on it and have no doubt it's a decent enough platform, but to me it almost looks like an Archangel clamshell kit on a 10/22. (Absolutely NO offense intended!)