JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
finally finished my 300blk pistol!!

-Aero gen 1 lower
-Aero upper
-10" Ballistic Advantage QPQ 5r barrel 1:7
-Aero LPK
-Aero UPK
-JP yellows with custom LCS trigger modification 4.5lbs pull
-Troy bad lever
-AXTS raptor FDE charging handle(gifted to me from my buddy in the rangers)
-Ares black nitride BCG
-Ergo deluxe grip
-9" ultra slim guntec m-lok handguard
-KAK industries shockwave pistol tube with shockwave brace
-Spikes st-t2 buffer
-MagpulRVG (gifted to me from my PJ para rescue buddy)
no muzzle brake yet due to suppressor plans.

shot it today. shoots wonderful.
still need BUIS and optic.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Sweet! I have an AR pistol as well and love it. Just FYI, unless your pistol's overall length is greater than 26", you can't have that forward grip as its then classified as an AOW.

Last Edited:
Jeez, it was a really long day at work and I typed azz backwards. I meant it has to be AT LEAST 26" (not including the muzzle break unless permanently attached). So at 25.5 you need to lose that grip.

Jeez, it was a really long day at work and I typed azz backwards. I meant it has to be AT LEAST 26" (not including the muzzle break unless permanently attached). So at 25.5 you need to lose that grip.
Thank you for the advice as I DO NOT intend to break the law so, i'll move the shockwave brace back a few notches then! nice thing about the KAK pistol tube is its dimpled underneath to accommodate the shockwave pistol brace set screw!

would the magpul hand stop count as a grip??

Good question, as I'm wondering the same thing. My upper is a 7.5" so I've been thinking of the hand stop too. See, I had a forward grip on mine and a good friend who is in law enforcement noticed my forward grip and my pistol is less than 26" so he informed me it was an AOW. I promptly removed it! :)

I may have fibbed a bit earlier. when i measured the OAL it was with the shockwave brace in the shortest position. since then, i have lengthened it to allow me to legally ad that grip thanks to a fellow members advice here. i am now in compliance.if for some reason i still am not please let me knoe as ive been on atfs website and cannot find any other reason that i would not be legit.

Last Edited:
Thank you for the advice as I DO NOT intend to break the law so, i'll move the shockwave brace back a few notches then! nice thing about the KAK pistol tube is its dimpled underneath to accommodate the shockwave pistol brace set screw!

The safest thing would be to lose the vertical grip. I could see the ATF making the argument that your pistol brace is not "fixed" at the longer length - kind of like a flash hider being pinned to permanently fix it in place. From everything I've read, the Magpul angled foregrip is allowed, as are hand stops on pistols. Would probably be a much safer way to go.

Here is a letter from the ATF a guy posted online - scroll to the bottom of the letter to read their position on the AFG. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0qyloA48O3XZWFjYjMwYTMtYTg1MC00NzVhLWI3NmMtZDRiNTMzNzdhMzUx/view

Another reference on angled fore-grips on pistols: https://johnpierceesq.com/does-the-atf-treat-angled-fore-grips-the-same-as-vertical-fore-grips/

Nice pistol build, BTW, it looks great!

Last Edited:
You've already made plans for a can, you should go ahead with SBRing it. That can't be too tough. Then you could throw a real stock on it and use any vertical grip you want.

yep! i am planning on doing an SBR/Supressor fairly soon. this is just a 'for now' deal.

Love my pistol. If you still have a need to grip on to something when you shoot your pistol, the AFG style are legal to have. The one I have on this is the Strike Industries Cobra.

m4e1-pistol-bob.jpg

How do you like that brace? I went with a Thordsen cheek stabilizer for my M85 (IF USMACHINEGUN will ever ship the adapters).. But I may go with your set up for my M92 for fun this summer, mostly because the feds wont like these when they catch on.

How do you like that brace? I went with a Thordsen cheek stabilizer for my M85 (IF USMACHINEGUN will ever ship the adapters).. But I may go with your set up for my M92 for fun this summer, mostly because the feds wont like these when they catch on.
it works well, it came with a letter from the feds. the fin that drops down and rests against your forearm works for me because it doesnt obstruct my point of aim when resting on my arm even though i have bigger forearms. Also, i have wrapped my sling around it for added stabilization. i was going to go with the thordsen because i have an LMT SOPMOD stock on my 5.56 rifle and it would give me a similar feel while cheek welding but decided to go with the shockwave because i had it in my hands at curts that day. if you do get a shockwave you may as well order it from KAK industries with the pistol tube too. its specifically made for the brace.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top