JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be happy to help you (through the Internet). I've been loading for a little over 30 years, now. Just let me know what you would like to know and if I can help, I will.

Hello All,

A friend at work told me about this site. I want to start reloading 5.56, .45 and 30-06.

I also have a shotgun that I want sale.

Hi there DRDARK
One of the things I like so much about reloading is how quiet it can be.
Some folks make lots of bullets fast and they work just fine.
Some folks work real hard at making fewer bullets, but in the long run they fit in a smaller hole much further away.
Just saying,
Hi - Silver Hand

I want to start this winter. I've been getting my work area prepped. I would like to know if there is a gun powder that I can use for all of the types of calibers that I am using. 30-06, 5.56, 7.62x39 and .45 Colt.

Hi there DRDARK
One of the things I like so much about reloading is how quiet it can be.
Some folks make lots of bullets fast and they work just fine.
Some folks work real hard at making fewer bullets, but in the long run they fit in a smaller hole much further away.
Just saying,
Hi - Silver Hand

I helped a friend do it once when we were stationed at Ft. Lewis together. A Sgt senior to me and he lived off post. My wife and I went to his place for dinner. While the two wives were talking in the front room, he and I went to the "cave" and he showed me how to load 9mm. It was very relaxing.

I want to start this winter. I've been getting my work area prepped. I would like to know if there is a gun powder that I can use for all of the types of calibers that I am using. 30-06, 5.56, 7.62x39 and .45 Colt.

The short answer is no. You could probably find a powder that would work for the 5.56 and 30-06 but one or the other would suffer velocity loss. You might even be able to use the same powder for the 5.56 and 7.62x39 but you would probably have the same problem, just not as bad. The 45 Colt will definately have to have it's own powder being a handgun cartridge and requiring a much faster burn rate to work properly.

You could probably do it with only 2 powder types, but it would be better with 3, if you already have 3 why not get 4 and feed them all a diet of what really makes each cartridge perform? Making the decision to reload opens up a whole new world of possibilities, you shouldn't limit yourself to only one or two powders for 4 very different cartridges before you experiment to see what is possible.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top