JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm in need of a new barrel since the Rainier Ultramatch Mod2 I was going to use had messed up threads and apparently so does the rest of their batch currently.

I'm looking for a 300 blackout barrel, mid-high tier quality, 9-10.5", .750 gas block diameter. I'm currently looking at BCM fluted 9", V-seven 10.25", Criterion CORE 10.5".

I've had a Ballistic Advantage 9" premium barrel that I love but they discontinued that one and Rainier is a bust. What others should I be looking at to run suppressed?

20220204_122124.jpg

So I'm in need of a new barrel since the Rainier Ultramatch Mod2 I was going to use had messed up threads and apparently so does the rest of their batch currently.

I'm looking for a 300 blackout barrel, mid-high tier quality, 9-10.5", .750 gas block diameter. I'm currently looking at BCM fluted 9", V-seven 10.25", Criterion CORE 10.5".

I've had a Ballistic Advantage 9" premium barrel that I love but they discontinued that one and Rainier is a bust. What others should I be looking at to run suppressed?

View attachment 1216273
Can you clean up the threads? Sucks to toss out a whole barrel just over some jacked up threads.

Looked at faxon at all? Not exactly high end, though the one barrel of theirs I have is real nice, no jacked up threads, either. Headspaced real tight

Looked at faxon at all? Not exactly high end, though the one barrel of theirs I have is real nice, no jacked up threads, either. Headspaced real tight
I was looking at their Match Series 9" Gunner Barrel. Wasn't sure how the thin profile near the breach would be.

I'm stuck between an 8.5" and a 10.5". I've decided on a criterion Core barrel I think and can't decide on length. It'll have a can on it full time so it'll already be longer than an sbr. Thoughts? Opinions?

When you're talking actual inches, 2 doesn't sound like a huge amount but when you're talking percentages, about 25% more barrel is significant. Frankly, if you're wanting short and sub sonic anyway, go with the shortest barrel that will make you happy

I'm stuck between an 8.5" and a 10.5". I've decided on a criterion Core barrel I think and can't decide on length. It'll have a can on it full time so it'll already be longer than an sbr. Thoughts? Opinions?
If you shoot a lot of supers, go longer. It will benefit from the extra length.

If you only really shoot subsonic, go short.

Faxom barrels just dropped some really short barrels. A 6" with a 1/5 twist. I've always wanted to do a silly short 300 blackout.

So am I to assume that subs don't gain much velocity with the extra length for it to matter? I'm almost tempted to buy a 10.5 and have it cut to 9.5 for a best of both worlds barrel.

Rainier took the barrel back and has offered a refund or replacement. I'd take the replacement but it sounds like their whole batch has messed up threads.
Take the replacement and have them put a thread protector on it at the factory. Once that is on there tight the threads will be straight. They don't make the protectors, they'll buy those aftermarket. Tell them to mount it for you. Or take the refund.

If you take the barrel w/out asking they'll just send you the same thing again. Good luck

Take the replacement and have them put a thread protector on it at the factory. Once that is on there tight the threads will be straight. They don't make the protectors, they'll buy those aftermarket. Tell them to mount it for you. Or take the refund.

If you take the barrel w/out asking they'll just send you the same thing again. Good luck

I had them refund me. I'm done with their barrels if they are perfectly fine selling people product that is not only messed up but potentially dangerous with baffle strikes. Not to mention their CS taking multiple days to respond to each email reply.

I'm moving on to a different barrel from a different company.

I had them refund me. I'm done with their barrels if they are perfectly fine selling people product that is not only messed up but potentially dangerous with baffle strikes. Not to mention their CS taking multiple days to respond to each email reply.

I'm moving on to a different barrel from a different company.
I totally understand. You tried to get it fixed, to no avail.

So am I to assume that subs don't gain much velocity with the extra length for it to matter? I'm almost tempted to buy a 10.5 and have it cut to 9.5 for a best of both worlds barrel.
Not really. And if it does it's not a benefit as it might jump the threshold of subsonic to supersonic with what it gains in the longer barrel.

I'm my opinion 300 black subsonic is a better version of 45acp. Same weight-ish same speed, better ballistic coefficient.

Ballistic advantage says their Hanson profile barrels are suppressor compatible, even though they are a medium to light profile. I was happy with mine before the boat capsized.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top