JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/city-wausau-wisconsin-terrified-nerf-gun-fight-video/#.U2ADtPldUYk

"It did scare a number of people that were in the area," said Wasau police department Capt. Ben Bliven. "They thought that there were actually firearms being drawn and pointed at other people, which is very concerning for citizens in the community."

"Our dispatch said there were three people with firearms, so we had to respond appropriately," said Bliven.

The six students were ticketed for disorderly conduct. - 'cause they need a criminal record

WAOW video at the link - news story

Wow. Really nerf wars? Arg. The guy goes on camera and re-affirms the citations? Really?

I really do want one, if not all, of these kids and parents to fight this crap. Of course that costs money...

It was dark, Nerf guns look pretty bad in silhouette and the "youths" had to be pulled out of their vehicles before the cops had the full story, the Cops just answering the call might not be the bad guys here.

I wouldn't want a bunch of wild teens running around my neighborhood playing war games either. Were they even from that neighborhood or just from the nearby School. Were they hiding in lawns and bushes during their Nerf war?
I would have asked them go somewhere else with their war game at the very least.

Maybe they should go home, smoke dope, play video games and chug energy drinks....
Paintball, Laser tag a better option? Places exist for this sort of thing.

I agree in theory they should have the right to play war games with nerf unmolested as long as they're not running around at night and respecting other peoples homes, privacy, peace and lawns etc. and the "war" stays below squad level. Perhaps a nearby park or field?
This is not an option due to today's gun phobia/hatred though I'm sure.

In my local park we have a bunch of nerdy older teens playing with fake swords and diy body armor and nobody complains but I'm sure if it was a large or small nerf war, the complaints would be many.
If this nerdy sword fight behavior ever got out of hand and migrated into my street, I'd ask them to move along to their own street.
I'm the resident Nerd around here!

Man, these people would drop dead back in the day when we had BB gun wars.
I'm lucky I didn't get my eye shot out or shoot out an eye of someone else! I had to pick out a bb that stuck in my leg pretty good one time.
Why is danger so much fun I wonder? Poor kids today, everything so safe and secure. No wonder the apron strings take longer and longer to cut these days. Adventure has been bred out of them!

I'm lucky I didn't get my eye shot out or shoot out an eye of someone else! I had to pick out a bb that stuck in my leg pretty good one time.
Why is danger so much fun I wonder? Poor kids today, everything so safe and secure. No wonder the apron strings take longer and longer to cut these days. Adventure has been bred out of them!

We, for the most part, wore safety glasses and heavy denim. I do remember a kid who had a BB in hit gut and another who got hit in the eye by loose dirt.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top