Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Negative Feedback

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Phonelesscord, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Phonelesscord

Phonelesscord Portland, Oregon Member

So recently I found an over/under shotgun on this website that I offered to purchase. The seller told me that it was mine to purchase and provided me with a phone number (and it was a great deal too). Upon phone contact, the individual informed me that he decided to sell it to a family member. While I was a tad miffed, family is family, I understand. I can accept an apology.

However, the next day I find out he sold the firearm to an acquaintance of mine. Basically finding out he was lying about it. I don't know why he chose to sell it to another complete stranger, minutes after telling me it was no longer available due to a family sale.

Is negative feedback in order? I feel like yes but I don't take leaving negative feedback lightly. No poll because I want real answers.

Thanks guys.

-Greger

2. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I would say negative feedback is in order. A lie is a lie, if he's willing to create a falsification about who he sold it to he's probably willing to lie about other things.

3. SJS46

SJS46 yamhill county Active Member

+1 on negitive, "A man is only as good as his word" and other people should be aware of his practices.

:twocents:

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

+1 on the negative. Once he agreed to your terms it was a deal.

5. RRooster

RRooster East of Hippyville New Member

People don't typically compartmentalize their B.S. so yeah, negative one is in order.

6. Brodyboy

Brodyboy NE PDX Member

I just happen to know what you are talking about. I was third in line before you Phonelesscord, looking to pick this up if the first two fell through. I never heard a word or any updates until your edit update for your post. And I think the thread may still be open. Shouldn't the poster be giving the updates/closing the thread. Overall this was to good to be true and it looks like it was.

+1 on the negative

7. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Don't worry he'll leave you negative feedback too. I've met guys that backed out of first deals then came around for the second deal, I've been contacted by one member so many times saying he has cash in hand then 5 minutes before we meet, he says he's "going in a different direction" which to me sounds like the sober life, even been screwed by a member with 60+ itrader rating, but in the end, ill just stay home when I have to meet someone and wait til they call me so I know they're "for real".

8. Phonelesscord

Well, the friend of mine actually has the firearm now, so the deal was real. But the whole backing out after saying it was mine and then lying about it really blows.

9. KRISSTDI

KRISSTDI Oregon Member

I think a negative feedback is in order but just do what you feel is right.

BTW I may be selling my NIB Spas 12...

10. Phonelesscord

Done and done

11. HeavyfootHick

HeavyfootHick Milwaukie, OR Member

Keep us posted if he reciprocates. It will be no surprise. :(

12. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

The person he's referring too has only signed up for this site to sell that one item it would seem. I'd be amazed if he reciprocates.

13. Phonelesscord

Hey look, another Milwaukiephile! I'm moving a bit west next month, going to miss the area and quick access to memaloose D: