JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most any gunshop will usually do it for a price. They will need a copy of the purchaser's C&R license. I prefer Money Market Pawn on 136th and Powell for FFL transfers. Peter is a great guy.

Why not ship it yourself? It will have to go overnight, but if the licensed collector is willing to pay …

You do not have to ship overnight when shipping is from one FFL to another FFL. FFL's get to use USPS and there is no overnight requirement. The FFL I use does not charge his customers a fee for shipping a firearm through the postal service, just the actual shipping cost. He uses the flat rate boxes for most. I think I paid like $20 for my last handgun shipment.

432.2 Handguns
Handguns and other firearms capable of being concealed on the person are nonmailable unless mailed between the parties listed in this section, after the filing of an affidavit or statement described in 432.22 or 432.24, and are subject to the following:

1. 431.2 and the definition of curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 may be mailed between curio and relic collectors only when those firearms also meet the definition of an antique firearm under 431.3.
  2. 431.2, which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum that exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest, may be accepted for mailing without regard to the restrictions provided for handguns in Exhibit 432.25 and in 432.21 through 432.24.
  3. 431.1 that are capable of being concealed on a person are mailable, but must include adult signature service under DMM 503.9.0. Mailers must comply with all applicable state and local regulations.
  4. Parts of handguns are mailable, except for handgun frames, receivers or other parts or components regulated under Chapter 44, Title 18, U.S.C.
  5. Mailers are also subject to applicable restrictions by governments of a state, territory, or district.

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

Why not mail it yourself to the C&R license holder? If I am not mistaken, joe-public can mail it to any FFL (or C&R) license holder.

One thing the OP does not make clear is whether he is a C&R 03FFL holder...I can assume not if I put my female hat on and read between the lines :D

M. D. Van Norman said:
Why not ship it yourself? It will have to go overnight, but if the licensed collector is willing to pay …

You do not have to ship overnight when shipping is from one FFL to another FFL. FFL's get to use USPS and there is no overnight requirement. The FFL I use does not charge his customers a fee for shipping a firearm through the postal service, just the actual shipping cost. He uses the flat rate boxes for most. I think I paid like $20 for my last handgun shipment.

Regarding shipping it myself, becasue I'm required to use an overnight shipper like FedEx, I've found that paying a dealers fee has been cheaper.

308, any chance of getting the name of the FFL you use? (I have a C&R)

308, any chance of getting the name of the FFL you use? (I have a C&R)
So you do have a C&R license.

I am not going to tell you what to do, only what I have done and that is I have requested an ink signed copy of the recipient's 03FFL, and when I received it, I placed the firearm and a copy of my ink signed 03FFL in a box, and shipped it UPS insured w/signature required. Never had a problem ever, and never used overnight shipping.

Be sure to log it out of your bound book.

So you do have a C&R license.

I am not going to tell you what to do, only what I have done and that is I have requested an ink signed copy of the recipient's 03FFL, and when I received it, I placed the firearm and a copy of my ink signed 03FFL in a box, and shipped it UPS insured w/signature required. Never had a problem ever, and never used overnight shipping.

Be sure to log it out of your bound book.
Thanks 308, that sounds great, but I had thought private shippers like UPS required an overnight shipment on handguns. Am I mistake or are you just not declaring it as a firearm?

"Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms)."

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

You can ship a handgun without using overnight services, but doing so would be a violation of UPS policy. I imagine that could lead to problems, if you had to file an insurance claim for example.

Personally, I have shipped a number of C&R handguns and rifles. I don't really care about UPS policies only the applicable law. I generally ship UPS 2d Day unless UPS ground happens to get there in the same timeframe. My concern is that the shipped firearm get thru the system quickly, and as cheaply as possible. Fooey to policies of UPS and Fedex that aren't backed by law. Even their local agents ignore those policies. :)

Thanks 308, that sounds great, but I had thought private shippers like UPS required an overnight shipment on handguns. Am I mistake or are you just not declaring it as a firearm?
18 USC 922 Unlawful acts (e) contains an exemption for notification to the carrier when shipping to "licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors". UPS rules don't impress me when they are not backed up by the law.

01 FFL dealers in my area ship exactly the same way. No carrier notification, FFL to FFL, UPS picks up at their UPS drop point. Their drop point is where I leave my packages. I think the risk is negligible and acceptable.

Dealers may use U.S. mail for handguns … or may do enough shipping to qualify for bulk discounts with the common carriers. Returning to the original question, some shops will provide shipping services at intermediate prices, but again if the buyer is willing to pay the required premium, there's no reason PDXcollector can't ship the C&R pistol himself. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top