JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on the search for another barrel for my 1100 12ga. for a while now, so I can cut one of them down to 18". My gun is chambered for 2 3/4" shells right now. I found a old, but new barrel for $55, problem is, it is a 3" chamber. Through my horrible internet research, I've found that it will work with my receiver, but that I really should only shoot 3" shells with it.

I'm looking for some more input on this, before I buy it tomorrow. Will the rest of my gun handle the 3" shells?

You can always shoot 2 3/4 shells through a 3" barrel. The problem with the 1100 barrels is the 3" barrels have a small "gas port" hole to regulate the amount of gas escaping to operate the action. Buy the barrel for $50 (thats a steal) and shoot some of your preferred ammo (probably full house slugs or buck?) and see if it will function. If it does not (I bet it will) function send me a PM and I will walk you through how to "fix" it!!!.......good luck.......

The new barrel fits great. I decided to cut the old one, since the new one is longer, so better for hunting. The original is now 18 5/8", I cut it at the closest rib post and still be legal. Now I need a blued mag extension!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top