JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old,long-barreled winchester that needs a liner.I'ld like to skip shipping if possible.
It's shooter-grade and will never be sold..by me anyway,so any de-valuing is a moot point.
I'll call John at shooters' service center tomorrow,but thought folks here might add some ideas.
thanks !

checked with Marcus upriver from me,he does not have the drills,etc for it. will check

will check with ken starnes in BG tomorrow.

Jim Dubell at <broken link removed> up in Colville makes custom barrels and rifles. He put a liner (.357 mag) in my .38 Cal Remington Rolling Block Sporter from 1887. He also did a complete refurb, made some parts, re-blued, and case colored the receiver. The rifle looks like new and shoots like a dream.

I was in the same position you are. The rifle was in such poor condition (been through a fire) that it had no antique value, but a lot of sentimental value since it belonged to my GGrandfather. It's back in showroom condition now, and the barrel liner work is invisible, and it lets me shoot a common modern cartridge. Jim suggested chambering it in .38-55 if I wanted to go all old timey, but thought my choice of .357 Mag was excellent. I've chronographed 158 gr. soft points at 1780 fps.

Jim's a great guy to work with and shipping to him for repairs requires no special paperwork or fees. I UPS'd mine back and forth.

RBRifle_38d.jpg

thanks zigzag. I found a shop here in vancouer that can do it,should be done in about 3 weeks,been there that long already,was told about 6 weeks.Looking forward to getting it back in good running order again.

Good that you found somebody local. In my case I needed things like an aftermarket dovetail filled and a screw or two made. Jim also changed it from rimfire (original .38 Long was rimfire) to center fire. I couldn't find anybody local that had all the capabilities I needed that wanted to take on the job.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top