JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old,long-barreled winchester that needs a liner.I'ld like to skip shipping if possible.
It's shooter-grade and will never be sold..by me anyway,so any de-valuing is a moot point.
I'll call John at shooters' service center tomorrow,but thought folks here might add some ideas.
thanks !

checked with Marcus upriver from me,he does not have the drills,etc for it. will check

will check with ken starnes in BG tomorrow.

Jim Dubell at <broken link removed> up in Colville makes custom barrels and rifles. He put a liner (.357 mag) in my .38 Cal Remington Rolling Block Sporter from 1887. He also did a complete refurb, made some parts, re-blued, and case colored the receiver. The rifle looks like new and shoots like a dream.

I was in the same position you are. The rifle was in such poor condition (been through a fire) that it had no antique value, but a lot of sentimental value since it belonged to my GGrandfather. It's back in showroom condition now, and the barrel liner work is invisible, and it lets me shoot a common modern cartridge. Jim suggested chambering it in .38-55 if I wanted to go all old timey, but thought my choice of .357 Mag was excellent. I've chronographed 158 gr. soft points at 1780 fps.

Jim's a great guy to work with and shipping to him for repairs requires no special paperwork or fees. I UPS'd mine back and forth.

RBRifle_38d.jpg

thanks zigzag. I found a shop here in vancouer that can do it,should be done in about 3 weeks,been there that long already,was told about 6 weeks.Looking forward to getting it back in good running order again.

Good that you found somebody local. In my case I needed things like an aftermarket dovetail filled and a screw or two made. Jim also changed it from rimfire (original .38 Long was rimfire) to center fire. I couldn't find anybody local that had all the capabilities I needed that wanted to take on the job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top