Need M&P Vtac sights swapped out

Reactions
I’ve hit up several local Portland shops and none are able to swap out these sights.
Is there a local shop that you know of that can handle this? I’m not interested in any hammer options.

nk02442

Reactions
The cheap ones destroy slides and sights. Been there done that.

The propper tool has adjustments, bumpers and support in all the right places at the right angles to ensure a smooth install/uninstall. Sometime you will have to hit a sight with a diamond file if they are a bit oversized but not really an issue. Its a complex shape that had to be pushed/pulled at the correct angle to avoid damage, especially to tritum tubes. You need to correct inserts for both your slide and the type of sight being pushed.

Do not trust ANYONE to install sights who is not using one of these tools. The only thing worse than the cheap homemade tools are the punch/hammer users.

HaveGun

Reactions
I've installed/adjusted dozens sights using my cheap install tool and have yet to damage a slide or sight.

Perhaps the issue is people with little to no mechanical inclination not using tools properly.

OP
bellarum
Reactions
Invest in one of these and never have to pay someone else to do your sight work. Easily pays for itself after a few installs.

Looks awesome but, I’m only looking to spend about $40.
When you get one hit me up! I’ll help you break it in!

I’ve used this tool to do sights on Glocks, M&P’s including shields, as well as Sigs... I just use business cards on the sides of the slides so they don’t get marred...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom