JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Regarding the "M" on the magazine catch, from U.S. M1 Carbines, Wartime Production, 8th edition, by Craig Riesch, page 98:

1654452111558.png

$800-1000 for the rifle if the barrel, metal and finish is in good original condition. The stock hurts it's value. Sling looks like a reproduction.

I bought a very nice example on here with a good stock for $1000 and it came with some very valuable magazines. It was also listed on gunbroker for several days with no bids.

Ammo will probably sell better without the rifle. If it is US surplus ammo, it sells for a little premium over commercial ammo.

$800-1000 for the rifle if the barrel, metal and finish is in good original condition. The stock hurts it's value. Sling looks like a reproduction.

I bought a very nice example on here with a good stock for $1000 and it came with some very valuable magazines. It was also listed on gunbroker for several days with no bids.

Ammo will probably sell better without the rifle. If it is US surplus ammo, it sells for a little premium over commercial ammo.
THANKS for the info ..... I have 4 magazines with it . Are these hard to find , or are the mags you got a different type ? I am seeing online around $1.00 a pop on the ammo . It looks US Surplus as the 1 carry bag is marked 1952 with the same shells in it as the rest .

Info on production by manufactuer:

Magazine catch info ( M= later war upgrade part):

Although no Arsenal marks are showing on the stock in your pictures, the rifle has obviously been through the process as seen by M mag catch, rotary safety, adjustable rear sight at a minimum.

Pistol grip cap is not a normal part and has been added by "bubba."

Prices listed above is likely to be low in today's market given what units from Royal Tiger and Midway have sold for.

Bottom line, there are too many unspoken variables relating to your rifle to give a firm price. Have a knowledgeable person help you break it down and specify the parts list from a carbine parts sheet to verify if this is just a mixmaster shooter or something else.

Good luck OP.

I recently picked up a very nice WWII M1 Carbine at Cabela's of all places, for $949. Value can be pretty subjective. I haven't seen any at gun shows for a while under $1000.

That said, RTI and Midway prices seemed crazy high to me, but they did sell them so there is that. To get those kind of prices, you'd probably have to sell online and ship. The stock does hurt the value, as any serious buyer would need to find another stock. That stock is ruined, from a collector standpoint. Bore condition is important too. The outside of the barrel looks too shiny, possibly polished and blued? Carbines in any condition bring good money, but buyers will see these things. Is there an import mark on the barrel somewhere? That makes a difference.

Magazines go for a lot more nowadays too. I used to buy them for $3 to $5, now you rarely see any original GI mags under $20.

As to the ammo, the manufacturer and date will be on the base of each round if USGI. Based on the bandolier, might be LC52 (Lace City arsenal 1952). Good ammo, but a dollar per round seems really high to me; I would have thought half that. A friend was looking for carbine ammo at the last gun show in Albany, and found some for $25/box of 50 (commercial, not GI). Ammo goes high on Gunbroker though, so you never know.

I love the old Carbines, got my first one as a teenager (still have it). They used to be cheap, but have become a desirable collectible now.

I recently picked up a very nice WWII M1 Carbine at Cabela's of all places, for $949. Value can be pretty subjective. I haven't seen any at gun shows for a while under $1000.

That said, RTI and Midway prices seemed crazy high to me, but they did sell them so there is that. To get those kind of prices, you'd probably have to sell online and ship. The stock does hurt the value, as any serious buyer would need to find another stock. That stock is ruined, from a collector standpoint. Bore condition is important too. The outside of the barrel looks too shiny, possibly polished and blued? Carbines in any condition bring good money, but buyers will see these things. Is there an import mark on the barrel somewhere? That makes a difference.

Magazines go for a lot more nowadays too. I used to buy them for $3 to $5, now you rarely see any original GI mags under $20.

As to the ammo, the manufacturer and date will be on the base of each round if USGI. Based on the bandolier, might be LC52 (Lace City arsenal 1952). Good ammo, but a dollar per round seems really high to me; I would have thought half that. A friend was looking for carbine ammo at the last gun show in Albany, and found some for $25/box of 50 (commercial, not GI). Ammo goes high on Gunbroker though, so you never know.

I love the old Carbines, got my first one as a teenager (still have it). They used to be cheap, but have become a desirable collectible now.
GOOD INFO .... THANKS .... On the base of the ammo , it is stamped FC 30 Carbine . You are right on the price . I did some more looking and 50 Cents a round plus or minus is what I am seeing .

USGI Carbines on Gunbroker sold auctions start at $900. Locally a gun shop has a rarer Standard Products for $1000 in a nice birch stock and it has not sold even though it has been listed multiple times.

The March ARPC gun show there was several Inland and a few Winchester carbines in good condition priced $1300-1500 and none were selling.

Collector market on Gunbroker has really cooled off in the last 3 months. Mixmaster M1 rifles and carbine sold prices have dropped 25-35%. Only the rare or original examples are still bringing good prices.

Parting out a mixmaster Carbine with a sporter modified stock may bring more money than selling it whole. However, you have to research, advertise and have a presence or feedback at the online places you sell the parts.

Trying to sell collectible military firearms locally is poor and a waste of time usually. I have moved almost entirely to selling off my military firearms and parts nationally.

Generally, import roll marks will be on the underside of the barrel. Here's a 43' Inland stamp that should look like yours. If you find a "P" mark, that is a standard proof mark all military barrels should have. To find it, you will have to remove the stock.

GM 43 Barrel Stamp.jpg

Correctness and condition will determine value, even the most incorrect worn carbines are fetching good money now. Starting at around $800 or so, with very nice examples going as high as $2000.or more. Like we used to say in the used car biz " there's an a$$ for every seat".
Btw I knew Craig Riesch back when he was researching for his books, kind of a dick. But, his books are definitive.