JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for more info on a Taurus Pt 840 in specific. I really like everything about the gun and i want to buy it but im having a hard time finding reviews and extensive testing on the gun. If im going to trust my life with a gun i would like to know more info about this gun if anyone could help with this gun i would appreciate it. Thanks

Here is a link to a review I found online:

<broken link removed>

I have also read several other reviews on the 840 line, and they are all generally good.

I recently purchased a PT1911 ALR and absolutely love it. I also owned a Millennium Pro PT145 which I also liked, but sold to move up to the 1911.

I hope this helps, and don't let all the Taurus bashers cloud your decisions, they make a great line of guns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have no problem.

Another possibility was the Taurus 1911 or a PT 140. Thanks for the respond. But theres something about the PT 840 that i really feel it is the best of all worlds. Thanks for your help

I have owned a PT840 for 6 months now and trust my life to it's reliability. I've shot 1000 rounds of Federal 180 grain target ammo and only had 1 failure to eject(stovepipe). This failure was the 3rd round fired. I had not cleaned the gun after accepting it from my FFL and it was packed with a lot of grease. After the failure I dropped the mag and cleared the gun, cleaned it and haven't had a problem for 997 more rounds. I absolutely love the controls on both sides of the gun since I'm a lefty. This is one of the major reasons I bought it. Accuracy is also an A+ with the PT840. When I qualified for my conceal carry class here in Kansas, we had to shoot a total of 25 rounds. I put 24 in the chest and 1 in the head from 10 yards. I have nothing but good things to say about this gun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top