JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for more info on a Taurus Pt 840 in specific. I really like everything about the gun and i want to buy it but im having a hard time finding reviews and extensive testing on the gun. If im going to trust my life with a gun i would like to know more info about this gun if anyone could help with this gun i would appreciate it. Thanks

Here is a link to a review I found online:

<broken link removed>

I have also read several other reviews on the 840 line, and they are all generally good.

I recently purchased a PT1911 ALR and absolutely love it. I also owned a Millennium Pro PT145 which I also liked, but sold to move up to the 1911.

I hope this helps, and don't let all the Taurus bashers cloud your decisions, they make a great line of guns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have no problem.

Another possibility was the Taurus 1911 or a PT 140. Thanks for the respond. But theres something about the PT 840 that i really feel it is the best of all worlds. Thanks for your help

I have owned a PT840 for 6 months now and trust my life to it's reliability. I've shot 1000 rounds of Federal 180 grain target ammo and only had 1 failure to eject(stovepipe). This failure was the 3rd round fired. I had not cleaned the gun after accepting it from my FFL and it was packed with a lot of grease. After the failure I dropped the mag and cleared the gun, cleaned it and haven't had a problem for 997 more rounds. I absolutely love the controls on both sides of the gun since I'm a lefty. This is one of the major reasons I bought it. Accuracy is also an A+ with the PT840. When I qualified for my conceal carry class here in Kansas, we had to shoot a total of 25 rounds. I put 24 in the chest and 1 in the head from 10 yards. I have nothing but good things to say about this gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top