JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently bought this and wanted to find out how old it is but unless I'm looking at the wrong place the date code on the barrel makes no sense with the chart I have.
Maybe someone smarter then me knows what it means.
0DD234E1-F40D-454E-8803-F7E86DF69E97-21761-000014B143B5D338_zpse34c7e19.jpg

970A7548-5EE5-49F6-8D09-182E03369887-21777-000014B33C1B2AE1_zps1a10d95f.jpg

That's not the serial number. The S/N should be found on the left hand (non eject) side of the frame, just above the trigger.

The 11-48 was made between 1948 and the late 1960's (IIRC) and was sort of a streamlined version of the Model 11. It's recoil operated (not gas) and the barrel moves with the bolt for a little bit upon recoil (like every other Brownig design!)

Solid guns, but can be finicky with certian loads. Resist the urge to over oil the action, they don't like it!!

-JP

According to what I've read remington doesn't use serial numbers for date of manufacture. Instead they used date codes stamped on the barrel which is what the picture is...at least I'm pretty sure.

I have a 1148 mod, I love it. Mine says xuu Dec 1949. Pdxpope is right, but you need to oil the recoil spring really well (not dripping) was made to use motor oil. I have no issues with any loads from target to duck to buck. Shot it all except slug. I love how easy they are to take down and put back together. If you have any questions just pm me.

By recoil spring you mean the one on the mag tube right?
When I first shot it the gun wouldn't cycle so I went home downloaded a PDF of the owners manual, took it apart which was super simple and found that everything was all gummy. I think prob from years of collecting dust. Cleaned it all up and oiled it, now it works great.

You cal call Remington at 800-243-9700, give them the SN and they can give you the year of manufacture.

It looks like Feb. 1955. Ignore the "G", I believe it's a production or inspection code.
I was thinking that the B looks "out of place" between the L and G...

If it was an L G date code that would February 1960.

L B would make it February 1955.

Call Remington though, they can give the date from the serial number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top