JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The author, Robert Reich, is apparently just another apologist for meddling government:

Of Two Minds - Wait a Minute--Who's Fascist?

LRC Blog LewRockwell.com

If you want to understand economics, don't bother with Keynsians and stick with the Austrian School, e.g.:

Mises Institute

Thanks for the links. The one about CEO pay is interesting because in the part of his book I got through he mentioned that employees get paid more for the increased responsibility they have. A burger flipper does not have much responsibility, a shift manager has more, and a manager more then that and so their pay needs to be adjusted accordingly. Take that up to the CEO level, someone responsible for the fate of a entire company for the next 10+ years and they have a lot of responsibility. Yet he argues counter to that line of thinking cited in the article you linked.

What I got is that the book is not about economics. It is about the risk of political power being concentrated in the elite, who are then able to have more influence to gain more power. Basically creating a oligarchy.

Sorry, Gary, but you owe me nine evenings of my life back.
tac

I think the editor should share some of that burden as well.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top