JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone. I have a jm pro series shotgun. ...ar 15 with iron sights and my pistols with night sites.... so what I need help is with the right type of red dot or scope to use. honestly I have only shot close range tactical and use my iron sights and do well. I would like to get a red dot or scope for the longer shots. I am good up to 100 yards with ar. but a scope would help. any one have any ideas. I was looking at the vortex spark 2 and it looks nice for 300. but then for that i could get a used eotec. ... so maybe a nice ar tactical scope will help... honestly. any help in options is appreciated. thanks.

You should really settle on the division you want to shoot before buying equipment. If you opt to go limited with the dot on the rifle you will also need to accept that there will be a lot of targets you shoot at twice and move on with a miss. In the west there are a lot of longer shots and on shot up steel past 200 with variable light conditions complicate things. All of the majors in this area will have targets out past 300 and you will see the odd targets between 350-550.
If you want to play 3 Gun prepare to spend for equipment. Buying twice only makes things worse.

i see your point. I do tactical shoots indoor and also some steel shoots outdoor and it is easier with a red dot. but i am thinking on doing the division to shoot long so i might as well get a scope.

i see your point. I do tactical shoots indoor and also some steel shoots outdoor and it is easier with a red dot. but i am thinking on doing the division to shoot long so i might as well get a scope.

I looked at a lot of options, both cheap and expensive, for my AR15. I also wanted something that I could shoot long range with too. So after looking at various options, I settled on Bushnell's Elite Tactical CQB 1 - 6.5x24 IR with second focal plane BTR-2 reticle. It was the best and most versatile option that I could find for under $1,000, in my opinion. There are some other nice scopes that people rate higher, but they get to be pretty costly. Even this Bushnell normally sells for $1.299 at most websites like SWFA.com

However, I found it at the big camera and optics vendor Adorma for only $975, for a savings of $324. Only drawback was that I had to wait a week for it to ship, and another week for it to arrive via UPS from New York:

<broken link removed>

This is a really amazing scope with a wonderful reticle that works great at both short range and long range too. And it is illuminated, making shots very easy in any lighting conditions. This is what the reticle looks like:

btr1.gif

Set at 1x, this scope is almost as easy to use as a EOTECH at close range. And man, if you want to shoot long range, the max 6.5x power is great, as well as the rangefinding reticle.

Not the heaviest scope in the world, but not really light either. It is just a super versatile quality scope that can handle up close shooting, yet also easily reach out to 300 yards with the 6.5x setting.

Here is a good video showing the scope in use:

Was in the same boat. Started out with red dot. Aimpoint micro switched to eotech xps. Then I started shooting at the drrc matches. Shoot at some small tar
Hello everyone. I have a jm pro series shotgun. ...ar 15 with iron sights and my pistols with night sites.... so what I need help is with the right type of red dot or scope to use. honestly I have only shot close range tactical and use my iron sights and do well. I would like to get a red dot or scope for the longer shots. I am good up to 100 yards with ar. but a scope would help. any one have any ideas. I was looking at the vortex spark 2 and it looks nice for 300. but then for that i could get a used eotec. ... so maybe a nice ar tactical scope will help... honestly. any help in options is appreciated. thanks.
I have ran Acog with rmr, aimpoint micro h1, Eotech xps 2, Vortex pst viper 1-4x, Burris tac 1-4x those are all above $400. Had a Sight Marks 1-6x hated it. I got to use one of the Vortex 1-6x razors awesome scope, but are $1300+. little out of my price range right now, so did a lot of research on 3 gun scopes online. People keep raving about the Primary Arms 1-6x ACSS 5.56 Reticle "about $270 with a mount". Took me a few months to get my hands on one. At that time I was running the Vortex pts viper 1-4x, but was not a huge fan of the reticle on it. So I sold it, and bought the Primary arms 1-6x. I have to say best 1-6x scope under $800 dollars. The 1x works great and the 6x is nice for shots past 300 yards. I also have one of their micro dots and its been a great red dot for $80.

The one thing you have to keep in mind is that magnified optic put you in a different class.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top