JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree about talking to neighbors. You might find they don't care at all, as long as you can show them the bullets won't be flying by, heh. I'm in an area where there are 10 acre plots and plenty of homes around, but almost nobody cares and the one woman who did, decided not to worry when I talked to her reasonably (I asked if she wanted me to call her before shooting, so I could hold off until she was gone at work. You know, just trying to accommodate her. After I asked that, funny thing, she told me to just go ahead and shoot without bothering to call. I guess she just appreciated that I cared about not bothering her).

I often thought it would make sense to build a box with insulation to capture most of the sound, but I never got around to it. I think there are some examples on the internet.

I was talking about this with a guy up here. He lives way out but wanted to keep it down for the neighbors.
I suggested a little booth. Make a couple walls with some rigid foam on them,or anything else soft for deadening the sound.This will cut down the noise for the folks to the sides at least.
He has a trailer he puts his table on to go from distance to distance (up to 400yds in his back yard) He was thinking of something like walls for the trailer.
Just a little shooting booth for the back yard
Yep, an open ended box to shoot thru, lined with egg crate type foam can be built for cheap.
With a box big enough to have the muzzle within it would be ideal.
just sayin'
:D

I guess I didn't put it in this thread but a shipping container would be perfect. Have all your targets and goodies in there and line the walls with some acoustic ceiling panels
Heck you could make the panels lay against the wall till you shoot. Then swing them out to make baffles
Or just get supressors for you guns

Ummm... you guys do realize that this thread started 3 years ago, right? I am guessing that the OP resolved this some time ago.... Or did something funky happen at midnight the other night and we are all in 2013 now:eek:

I was talking about this with a guy up here. He lives way out but wanted to keep it down for the neighbors.
I suggested a little booth. Make a couple walls with some rigid foam on them,or anything else soft for deadening the sound.This will cut down the noise for the folks to the sides at least.
He has a trailer he puts his table on to go from distance to distance (up to 400yds in his back yard) He was thinking of something like walls for the trailer.
Just a little shooting booth for the back yard

That's a good idea! A large refrigerator box on a table would significantly reduce the noise level. Quick and dirty and cheap!

BTW, a nice zucchini bread or other homemade treat and introduction could smooth relations with the neighbors. Couldn't hurt!:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top