JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I own a single Glock (Gen 4 G17) and would like to add the following capabilities and features to my Glock collection:

1. Add Barrels to shoot 40 and 357sig, calibers for range use only.

2. Aquire Finger grooveless frame either Gen 2 or Poly80.

3. Ability to run my gen 4 slide on to finger grooveless frame. (I'm ok with running Gen 3 RSA and adapter with Gen 4 slide while on finger grooveless frame).

4. Ability to run Gen 3 slides on my Gen 4 frame. (I'm ok running gen 3 to 4 adapter on gen 3 slide)

Edit: 5. I would also like a minus connector or lighter trigger pull on at least one frame.

I would like to add all these capabilities for as little money as possible. Any suggestions on the most economical way to do this. A local seller has a Gen 2 G22 complete frame with two mags for $100 including bg/transfer fees. Or I could get entire gen 2 g22 pistol online for $300 including shipping and transfer fees. Or......?

Last Edited:
I own a single Glock (Gen 4 G17) and would like to add the following capabilities and features to my Glock collection:

1. Add Barrels to shoot 40 and 357sig, calibers for range use only.

2. Aquire Finger grooveless frame either Gen 2 or Poly80.

3. Ability to run my gen 4 slide on to finger grooveless frame. (I'm ok with running Gen 3 RSA and adapter with Gen 4 slide while on finger grooveless frame).

4. Ability to run Gen 3 slides on my Gen 4 frame. (I'm ok running gen 3 to 4 adapter on gen 3 slide)

Edit: 5. I would also like a minus connector or lighter trigger pull on at least one frame.

I would like to add all these capabilities for as little money as possible. Any suggestions on the most economical way to do this. A local seller has a Gen 2 G22 complete frame with two mags for $100 including bg/transfer fees. Or I could get entire gen 2 g22 pistol online for $300 including shipping and transfer fees. Or......?
Or should I start over and sell the G17 and get a G20:

Complete slides are expensive, so even if the frame was $50 you might as well buy a police trade in Glock for $300. Gun.deals provides price comparisons even for used products.

Complete slides are expensive, so even if the frame was $50 you might as well buy a police trade in Glock for $300. Gun.deals provides price comparisons even for used products.
slide prices are ridiculous. Many cost more than buying the complete pistol. Even many of the aftermarket slides are insanely priced but evidently people are paying it. It's going to get worse for 45 and 10mm slides now since Poly80 is coming out with PF45 frames to accommodate Glock 20 and 21 slides. I rethinking my decision to buy a Glock 22 and just sell my G17 and buy a Glock 20 and Glock 21, that would really open up the caliber options all the way from 9mm to 460 Rowland

Edit looks like the new PF45 frame is going to use g20 and g21 short frame parts.

Last Edited:
Better off just buying seperate guns IMO. Buy a beater police trade in .40 for cheap, and swap in a .357 sig barrel if you really want to (I don't see the point) the issue with all the swappydoos is sight alignment. I have my sights dialed in for 124 grain 9mm, and even switching to 115 or 147 throws my POI off. I have a .40 barrel for my g20, and rarely use it because it hits high compared to the 10mm. Not good practice. Woupd rather Just pay the extra 5 cents a rd for wimpy 10mm range ammo.

If you Already have the 9mm, then I agree with your suggestion to pick up a g20 for Innawoods oper8ions.

Better off just buying seperate guns IMO. Buy a beater police trade in .40 for cheap, and swap in a .357 sig barrel if you really want to (I don't see the point) the issue with all the swappydoos is sight alignment. I have my sights dialed in for 124 grain 9mm, and even switching to 115 or 147 throws my POI off. I have a .40 barrel for my g20, and rarely use it because it hits high compared to the 10mm. Not good practice. Woupd rather Just pay the extra 5 cents a rd for wimpy 10mm range ammo.

If you Already have the 9mm, then I agree with your suggestion to pick up a g20 for Innawoods oper8ions.
That's good advice. I enjoy the swappydoo business. I get bored easily. If I purchase a G20 it will be a fun gun. The poi issue is a valid one but if I am plinking, I can adjust on the fly. I have a 9mm, .40 and 357sig barrel for my M&P and I would love to have a pistol with even more options.

Ok after watching this video I think a G21 is what I should get.

I think this will allow me the greatest variety of caliber options that can be run from the same slide. They are more likely to come in from police trade ins too (vs G20's)

Make sure you get a 20-24 lb recoil spring before running full power 10mm in a g21 slide.

Glock tunes their recoil using slide weight. Another option would be a large comp on the 10mm to slow down the unlocking and slide velocity.
Ok after watching this video I think a G21 is what I should get.

I think this will allow me the greatest variety of caliber options that can be run from the same slide. They are more likely to come in from police trade ins too (vs G20's)

Make sure you get a 20-24 lb recoil spring before running full power 10mm in a g21 slide.

Glock tunes their recoil using slide weight. Another option would be a large comp on the 10mm to slow down the unlocking and slide velocity.
I will for sure get the comp if I get a 460 Rowland barrel:) Good idea on the spring weight.

Dremel the finger grooves off and buy more Glocks.
I think I am going to get my hands on a G21 tomorrow if the heavens align. I may add a G23 to my collection and call it quits there. Then my search will be on for conversion barrels. I really would like to get my hands on a 460 Rowland barrel set up.

Glock uses the term perfection. But that's only for unmolested hotrod glocks.

In my experience glocks that start swapping slides, barrels, springs, etc always have issues with reliability.

I personally would just look for deals, and people selling used. But several glocks or consolidate calibers.

You'll end up doing it anyway in the long run with less headache

Glock uses the term perfection. But that's only for unmolested hotrod glocks.

In my experience glocks that start swapping slides, barrels, springs, etc always have issues with reliability.

I personally would just look for deals, and people selling used. But several glocks or consolidate calibers.

You'll end up doing it anyway in the long run with less headache

Thanks I have heard the same about reliability suffering with caliber conversions but it will be a fun gun for me and the challenge will be seeing how many different calibers I can make work (even at less than 100% reliability) in a single frame.

I really like Glocks and have no problems just getting more. I have 3 and plan on at least 3 more.
You sure are discreet about it:)

I am new to the glock game but I just picked up my 2nd Glock, it's a Gen 4 Glock 21 and I can't wait to get a 10mm barrel for it. Then a 460 Rowland kit. Then....

My next glock will hopefully be a Gen 3 or earlier in 40 or 357 sig so I can use a 9mm conversion barrel in it.