JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The most aggressive offense witnessed during Super Bowl yesterday was a VERY large coyote coming out of the woods to attack a 50lb dog in my friend's yard. These scavengers have been getting way too bold lately, and this is the last straw (right on the back patio, 100' closer to the house than the kids' slide and swing set). Luckily, a human and a 150lb+ dog intervened and interrupted something that could've ended very badly.

Simply hunting them from the back porch would be great (and fun) in a more rural setting, but that's not the case here. We need a big baited cage that will not harm any domestic doggies, but will lure and trap large coyotes. Yes, the coyotes will be killed in a quick, quiet, controlled manner.

Every cage I've seen online this morning is too small, like for foxes. Looking for a big, effective trap to make it happen. Your experience and tips are appreciated. Links please! Thanks in advance.

My neighbor over here has a live trap setup near his corn field. He even puts one of his roosters inside an enclosure within the trap (says it's the civic duty of his roosters...to pull their weight so to speak), however, the coyotes are just too freaking smart to fall for it.

Yea good luck trapping a Coyote especially an urban coyote they are pretty wary of stuff like a trap. Your best bet would be a leg trap that you can hide. But then you run the risk of a domestic dog finding it.

+1 for a leg trap.

You'd have to train it to get food from a cage for a while before it would enter a trap.

Sounds are if they're too wily for trapping in a cage. And since domestic pets might end up in a leg trap, too, I guess it becomes a hunting expedition.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top