JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@Ura-Ki what's the hose clamp for?
Clamp the beed square to ether silver solder, or epoxy in place, plus, it acts as a heat sink so you don't over heat the barrel.
If ya do decide to take this on yer self, and you want to silver solder it, get some cheep wall plaster and paint the barrel with it behind the solder area, and stuff a soaking wet shop rag down the bore!:D if I were back up there, I would just swing by and do it up for ya:) Cost ya a whole beer!

Clamp the beed square to ether silver solder, or epoxy in place, plus, it acts as a heat sink so you don't over heat the barrel.
If ya do decide to take this on yer self, and you want to silver solder it, get some cheep wall plaster and paint the barrel with it behind the solder area, and stuff a soaking wet shop rag down the bore!:D if I were back up there, I would just swing by and do it up for ya:) Cost ya a whole beer!

Just one? That's lame. :)

That's just for me to do the work, that's not the charge for watching, or worse, helping, that could run you a Sixer of the good stuff at least!:p:D:p

The good stuff? LOL, Bud Lights are the good stuff to me. :p

Or, we could Road Trip to see @MountainBear and get schooled on doing it the right way, but I'm sure Bear would charge us a few cold ones each! Especially the really good Root beer, I hear he is a conisour of top shelf Root beer! :p:D

I've met Mr. Bear. Good man!

Or, we could Road Trip to see @MountainBear and get schooled on doing it the right way, but I'm sure Bear would charge us a few cold ones each! Especially the really good Root beer, I hear he is a conisour of top shelf Root beer! :p:D
You guys pay for the gas and I'll drive... I got 12 guage H&R 88 that's a few inches too long. We could have a chop party!

RedNeck engineering 101 at yer service 23 hours of the day, now hold my beer and watch this, Y'all might wanna stand back a little! Lol

Relax, it's not bleeding yet, should be just fine, move it around a little, move it around!
If it dosnt fall off, yer good to go:p:p:p

I really need to make a post and let folks know I am Gunsmithing full time now. Something I should have done years ago. :)

How about a new add? I will pitch in to help what ever that cost, get ya front and center to the members here! Besides, I got some projects lined up for ya, keep you busy!

I'm booked up being a middle school English teacher until late June. Then feel free to bring the cold root beer!

I like having my summers off!:)

By the way, the proper answer as to how to do the job, at least my way (Velzey probably does it different/better;)), is to hacksaw the barrel off with about .200" to spare. Then use a facing tool with the correct sized brass pilot, either in a lathe or with a vice and hand drill to square everything up. Then clamp the barrel in the mill and get it leveled out on the receiver and drill and tap the hole for the bead. Loctite the bead in and remove the excess that sticks into the barrel. Properly, this should be done slowly with a hone. Usually, I do this with a needle file and some fine grit sandpaper. Works just fine, you just have to be careful.

By the way, the proper answer as to how to do the job, at least my way (Velzey probably does it different/better;)), is to hacksaw the barrel off with about .200" to spare. Then use a facing tool with the correct sized brass pilot, either in a lathe or with a vice and hand drill to square everything up. Then clamp the barrel in the mill and get it leveled out on the receiver and drill and tap the hole for the bead. Loctite the bead in and remove the excess that sticks into the barrel. Properly, this should be done slowly with a hone. Usually, I do this with a needle file and some fine grit sandpaper. Works just fine, you just have to be careful.

I do pretty much the same.
Last couple I've done I finished up on the mill after the hacksaw cut. I have to be honest here. There is just something about taking a hacksaw to a shotgun barrel that makes me think of a Natty lite and a mullet.
Last one was done on the mill mainly because of the vented rib.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads