JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I need to have 4" cut off a single shot 12 gauge I'm picking up this week. It's got a 26" barrel and I want it to be 22". I don't need the chokes, so I don't care about re-threading. I just need it cut, cleanly. Re-blued and a new bead tacked on.

Here's the thing, it seems like so many 'Smiths are overloaded with work. I don't want to be on a multi-month waiting list. Anyone know someone who can do this? In a fairly reasonable time limit?

Last Edited:
Have you checked Velzey? Not sure on wait list, but i hear he's back working on it full time.

1 guage:s0001:
I thought 10 guage was big!

1280px-Snowden_Slights_with_big_gun_YORYM-S364.jpg

Good pipe cutter and a hose clamp and yer good to go, silver solder the beed yer self and get a bottle of permablue and do it up! :D:p
You could also do up a different sight if in ya wanted to!:)

Good pipe cutter and a hose clamp and yer good to go, silver solder the beed yer self and get a bottle of permablue and do it up! :D:p

I've got plenty of tools, more than most. Spent the first part of my adult life in the carpenters union, all the way to journeyman. Also spent a few years making a living turning wrenches. I'm a fix it kind of guy. But I want a gun that looks stock, not chopped. :p:p:p

This is what I would do.

Use a couple layers of blue painters tape to keep from scratching it while you turn the pipe cutter.

I'd go JB weld on the bead since it's easy to work with.

Lightly sand the cut (if even needed) and cold blue the end.

It's an hour or less job from start to finished.

This is what I would do.

Use a couple layers of blue painters tape to keep from scratching it while you turn the pipe cutter.

I'd go JB weld on the bead since it's easy to work with.

Lightly sand the cut (if even needed) and cold blue the end.

It's an hour or less job from start to finished.

You make it sound so easy brother. And for a $155 gun, I may just try it myself.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads