JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read that article last week, and think he is spot on.

When I first the thread title, I thought to myself, "I already know how to get sand down my pants, freeze to death in water, then run 20 miles on an empty stomach with 60-lbs. on my back."... ;)

I have been fortunate that where I work we have to go through training and annual refreshers on vast majority of this, the careers i have had, have made me a very aware individual. I find this article right on, and strongly encourage everyone to practice what is said, btw I rarely attend any event with a large group of people and when I do, I practice tactical seating along with tactical parking.

Tactical parking is backing in instead of pulling in, almost anyone who has servedin the army or marines knows this. when there 500 vehicle trying to exit it is easier for all to pulling straight out instead of waiting a clear spot backing out and then pulling forward.

Also I usually drive a pickup or SUV of some type where I can jump the curb, heck who cares about an alignment when my life is on the line.

Bottom park where you can easily exit by pulling straight ahead, near an exit or place where you can easily make an exit.

C'mon, are you going to say that you don't prefer seeing who/what is walking up to you, rather than not seeing what's going on around you? As for tactical parking... It's a GREAT way to get out of dodge faster after school concerts and such... LOL!

Isn't that the norm? always sit where you have a good view of the surroundings, park where you can make a speedy exit if need be, cover over concealment, don't make yourself an easy target, act rather than wait to be shot...

Yeah tell what if you ever get onto an army or marine base, or watch a showor movie where they show real military vehicles, in a real military peacetime or war situation, they are always backed in.

As truck wrecker operator and truck driver in the army, after each and every run we had to top off our fuel tanks, check the fluids, etc, etc and park in backed in.

It is a heck of a lot easier to pull a 100 2 1/2 ton , 5 ton 6x6 trucks, hummers, pickups straight out whent he ballon goes up and than it is to back the out.

Ever seen a fire truck back out of a bay and turn around to go to a fire???

PMCS was pulled before run and at least once a week on every vehicle by the assigned driver or assistant driver.

Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<broken link removed>

It is easier to take an extra minute when parking to consider this than to say sh!t how to get out of here, after a period of time it will become second nature and you will do it out of force of habit.

It is up to the individual prepare now a little now or say sh!t later, whether it be on food stores, water stores, ammo, firearm or how to get out of a walmart parking lot, when a nut case goes crazy.

and lastly when you get on airplane lestin to the flight attendant who is telling you what to do should the bird havea problem, make the decision to live when you get on and not to be the person who says whtf do I do now, along 200 other people, when i fly, I count the rows to each exit in front and and behind me, I also try to get one the emergency exit seats, and have been asked by flight attendant to switch with other who could not, hel in case of emergency I readily accept, that means I can decide to get out or if it is safe to help others out, bottom line I am going to get my arse out if she goes down.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top