JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am reading that a voter registered as NAV (Non-Affiliated Voter) does not get to vote for a Dem or Rep in Oregon. Could this be why the voting ends up so far in one direction?

I am reading that a voter registered as NAV (Non-Affiliated Voter) does not get to vote for a Dem or Rep in Oregon. Could this be why the voting ends up so far in one direction?
Do not live in OR but I have to "guess" you are looking at a Primary election? Some states do not allow voters to cast a vote in the Primary for someone not of their party affiliation. Everyone registered votes in any general.

Is there any benefit to being non affiliated?

Idaho has closed primaries as well. I've heard of D's registered as R's so they could influence the primary toward less conservative moderates like Tommy Alqhuist and other lying sacks of crap.

Idaho has closed primaries as well. I've heard of D's registered as R's so they could influence the primary toward less conservative moderates like Tommy Alqhuist and other lying sacks of crap.
Less mail? I don't know, I've been a NAV my entire adult life and never bothered to pick a team.

Not much in Oregon. Our primaries comes so close to the very end that it doesn't matter.

No, it just a way for the parties to get tax payers to fund their candidate selection process.

Its worse in Washington. The grange got everyone stirred up because apparently not being able to choose the candidate of a party you're not a member of is somehow a violation of everyone's rights, so in keeping with the standard IQ of Washington residents, we went to a cajun primary system, where only the top two candidates advance.

So basically, there will be no independent or third party options for Washington state government. ever. Yay Washington!

Anything to reduce Kotek's chance.

Voting for Betsy Johnson this November.

It could be worse! We'd better elect something this go-round that isn't in the far left, crazy taint, democrat camp. Last time we had a great choice for guv'nor, but enough of the the Right really screwed the pooch by throwing their votes away on someone that had no chance.

It could be worse! We'd better elect something this go-round that isn't in the far left, crazy taint, democrat camp. Last time we had a great choice for guv'nor, but enough of the the Right really screwed the pooch by throwing their votes away on someone that had no chance.
Same damn thing happened here. Last time around we had a chance to do FAR better but a LOT of gun owners refused to vote for the guy. So we got another 4 years of Jay. Now that he just signed more anti rights laws the same people who helped him win are of course all pissed off. :s0054:

Same damn thing happened here. Last time around we had a chance to do FAR better but a LOT of gun owners refused to vote for the guy. So we got another 4 years of Jay. Now that he just signed more anti rights laws the same people who helped him win are of course all pissed off. :s0054:
If Betsy Johnson is the front runner, I'd vote for her. I'm kind of liking Christine Drazen. Not sure why necessarily. I heard her on Lars Larson. ALL of them say what they believe you want to hear. And they say the same exact thing, ad after ad after ad. Run the same ad but touch on other issues. Have different wording.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top