JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way things are going sure point in that direction unless something is done (a whole lot of something)!!!!
Those sneaky slimeballs cannot be trusted, either of them!!!

If you stop and think of just how many federal, state and local laws are written each and every year it is a wonder the crap is so friggin deep we cannot even wade through it.
Liberties lost and money exchanges hands is what it is all about, it's a snake pit and beware to enter!!!

HIPAA is a privacy law. it's soul purpose is to protect privacy. it laws out clear guidelines from how the medical information can be transferred from one party to another to how much of a patients name can be called out in a waiting room. you can get HIPAA hand books for free. i dont really see how those regulations could have anything to do with sharing information without your approval. as i understand it, you would have to sue for medical information on another person. i dont really know where this guy gets his info but im pretty sure he doesnt know anything about it. the last thing we need is people opposing HIPAA. i like the fact that it is extremely difficult to get my medical information without my explicit consent. not to mention the extremely expensive fines for offices who make small mistakes when handling the information.

Yes we all sleep better at night knowing the federal government is protecting our medical data.
HIPPAA is being and going to be used against the very people it is supposed to protect.
Why do you think many medical offices are asking if you own firearms?

HIPPAA a good thing?? I don't think so
Let the tinfoil hat comments begin

saying HIPAA is some how going to be used to attack your rights is a tinfoil hat comment to begin with. medical professionals asking if you own guns are few and far between. pretty much all of them get into trouble for it too. not to mention HIPAA is what makes it difficult to create a national database for medical records. such conspiracy theories are not very constructive when there is more guesses than evidence.

What you don't understand is that the EMR software (electronic medical records) that med offices have been forced to switch over to, have that question in it when they build their systems for each individual business. For now it is an option to not include that in the list of patient questions.

It is not an option for the industry to use the EMR system unless they don't want to get paid by certain gov programs.

Take the blinders off and do a little research. You just might wake yourself up.
Of course some people prefer to have the -Ignorance Is Bliss- philosophy.

^^^^ @ the Bliss comment...

I like Bliss.... It tastes like Chicken :p

(I recently had an MRI... the VA tech asked the usual "metal questions", I responded "No" for everything, then asked ... oh, does my CIA Implant count"??? He told me all VA MRI Machines were calibrated for the CIA Implants, and not to be concerned.... He did share that he had a ~Secret~ way of blocking HIS CIA Implant, but he could not Speak it.

:eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :p :rolleyes: :eek:

:s0104:

philip

HIPAA is a privacy law. it's soul purpose is to protect privacy.

What hipaa was... And Was supposed to be, Can Be & is, MUCH Different than the addtions that entered it after it was developed.

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), also known as the Kassebaum-Kennedy or Kennedy-Kassebaum Act, was passed in 1996 for the stated goal of allowing employees to continue with their employer-based health insurance after a change in jobs ("portability") and to reduced alleged health care fraud and waste ("accountability").[1]

In fact, HIPAA enacted sweeping changes that enabled federal regulators to establish standards for the electronic data interchange (EDI) of health information, and to create federal jurisdiction and control over medical record privacy issues. Regulators promulgated these rules under the name of "administrative simplification," even though the rules are extraordinarily complex.

Though not widely known, only those who engage in electronic transactions (i.e., electronic billing, authorizations, etc.) are subject to HIPAA and federal jurisdiction under HIPAA.

There are four sets of rules under HIPAA:

• the privacy rule [2];
  • the transaction standard for computer-to-computer information exchanges;
  • standardized "identifiers" for health providers and health plans;[3] and
  • information system security rules
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has prepared guidance to provide HIPAA covered entities with general information on the risks and possible mitigation strategies for remote use of and access to Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI). [4]

There is a timetable for implementing the above rules.[5]

http://www.conservapedia.com/HIPAA

If this Act had any Ethical Considerations, kennedy's name would not be near it. Period... As he would still be swimming looking for ~his Date~ :(

The Additional parts have not been so kind to those who like their FREEDOM.

But then, I am just a Conservative Old Fogie, who studies history... "I know Nothing, I see Nothing"

philip :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads