JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please support National Dog Day, get me a rib eye steak, bone in. Thanks!!!

Fred :)

IMG_0624_zpsardh6grw.jpg

Unfortunately, we got him when he was 6 weeks old, since the breeder was tired of taking care of a litter. :rolleyes:

He sleeps in a crate beside my bed. He is now 11 weeks old, and most nights, he sleeps all night. (He wakes me up anyway, just tossing and turning in his crate-I'm a light sleeper) We take up his water around 6:00pm, to lessen the chance of night time wakes, but sometimes he just can't seem to hold it all night, and I will not just leave him to mess in his crate, as that would seriously compound potty training.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, we got him when he was 6 weeks old, since the breeder was tired of taking care of a litter. :rolleyes:

He sleeps in a crate beside my bed. He is now 11 weeks old, and most nights, he sleeps all night. (He wakes me up anyway, just tossing and turning in his crate-I'm a light sleeper) We take up his water around 6:00pm, to lessen the chance of night time wakes, but sometimes he just can't seem to hold it all night, and I will not just leave him to mess in his crate, as that would seriously compound potty training.:rolleyes:

My last two recent pups were house trained at about 4 months. That may be the point that their bladder was well formed. I routinely took them out a lot to the grass when they were pups. From the crate to the grass. I'd carry them for a while, both taken at 8 or 9 weeks; then they marched outside immediately in the morning, and then, after ever meal and drink. I'd let them play till I went to bed, then into the crate. I'd put them in a crate at night as a little pup and sleep on an athletic mat close to the door of the crate for a while and then, was immediately comforting. Then I phased that out and they did very well. They spend a lot of time outdoors and then, in after dinner and out at 9 pm for night-time toileting training and after a while no messes.

As a pup they will mess up their crate because of having not learned to control and not having sufficient bladder capacity to hold what they drink. Physiologically they have to grow to have the bladder grow to size for capacity. Learning is one thing but physical capacity is another. Be mindful not to give them chews or food that has salt because they will drink and drink and mess.

Maybe this will help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads