JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My next two will be a G-33 so I can say I have a 357 Sig, and a Charter Arms Nitride Pitbull in 45 ACP, then I can think about a Mod 2 in 40 and FDE

I agree @Pandaz3, when I first held the Mod.2 I wasn't impressed. The next range trip I shot my XD40 and the next day went in and held the Mod.2 again.

It was then and there I noticed a difference.

And @swpost10 how do you not have a .45?

I am a pooooor shot, as are most police, plus .45 is not a PHASER in any sense; with modern ammo 9mm hits as effectively as 40 or 45; just easier on my arthritis! I noticed this when, as a security officer I had to get a XD 9mm as the assigned caliber for most armed sites, I shot the 9mm with the same accuracy as my 40; but much faster and with less hurt.... just wait tough-men time marches on and arthritis is waiting for you...

Since this unlikely situation will happen only once for most of us it makes good sense to stack the odds and more ammo on our side for that one unlucky time; 9mm usually hold 10-40% more ammo and increases your chances to hit any attacker(s).

LOL:cool:

Enjoyed the 9mm so much, went and added a subcompact .40 in bi-tone for more colorful flavors. I just need to get another Pierce grip extension though.

xds.PNG

I am a pooooor shot, as are most police, plus .45 is not a PHASER in any sense; with modern ammo 9mm hits as effectively as 40 or 45; just easier on my arthritis! I noticed this when, as a security officer I had to get a XD 9mm as the assigned caliber for most armed sites, I shot the 9mm with the same accuracy as my 40; but much faster and with less hurt.... just wait tough-men time marches on and arthritis is waiting for you...

Since this unlikely situation will happen only once for most of us it makes good sense to stack the odds and more ammo on our side for that one unlucky time; 9mm usually hold 10-40% more ammo and increases your chances to hit any attacker(s).

LOL:cool:
Me being a waaaay better shot and waaaaaay more macho ... will use my modern 45 ammo as if it was a Phaser...as far as more ammo needed for multiple transgressors, I carry a couple of 13 round magazines and a spare mag for the back up LCP (Using modern 380 ammo of course). I have my XD45 SC Mod2 Super Phaser on my belt as I am typing this, but that's at home. I am transitioning from it as a EDC to a Glock 33 in 357 Sig (Again using modern ammo) as it will fit in my pocket. I don't care for IWB carry. You can go back to you old Black Powder 9MM for practice and reduce your supply of unmodern ammo. Or is 9MM the ONLY modern ammo.

You really do have good arguments ans reasoning for carrying a 9 MM, but I argue with everybody about "Modern Ammunition" as everyone seems to think only 9 MM has benefited. Not true the advances have been made across the board. I even have polymer tipped 22 Magnum, but I don't know if that makes it modern.

Last Edited:
No schooting today. But I did sit down and work the magazine release a hundred + times since purchase.

It's no longer taking as much force but it's still taking 2x that of my XD40 and the Taurus. (As they were new).
I have a used XD9 sub, it's own full stainless 12 round mag just drops free with the mag release BUT the full at-home Mec-Gar 18 round mag needs 2 thumbs to release but not so in my full sized XD9 duty gun, just a quirk of that particular gun. Hint, I push up on the full Mec-Gar and the mag release pushes in easily. :rolleyes:
LOL

Okay... I'll meet you half way. I now am carrying IWB (lost weight) and using a Mod 2 Sub in 40 S&W, using Federal HST. I re-injured my wrist and...... Anyway I discovered that I like 40.

I agree @Pandaz3, when I first held the Mod.2 I wasn't impressed. The next range trip I shot my XD40 and the next day went in and held the Mod.2 again.

It was then and there I noticed a difference.

And @swpost10 how do you not have a .45?
Why?, my XD9 carries more ammo, easier to shoot and hit with my arthritis, ammo costs and weights less (more practice).... again: WHY SHOULD I DOWNGRADE TO A 45??? :rolleyes: I know "real men" always have "BIG" guns, right... just not in my IWB holster all day long, thank you. Everyone has opinions and makes their choices, I've made mine. LOL :)

I don't mind the grip zone so much. But why not TRIGGER ZONE and EJECTION ZONE, MAGA ZONE, DEATH ZONE with an arrow.

I have a xd mod2 sc and they are great shooters and well made. One malfunction in around 400 rounds. I trust mine. :)

Mega Death Zone :) ( its a rock band my odd humor ):confused:

Last Edited:
As an update...

I've shot the crap out of this pistol (well, not really but I've quit tracking rounds shot or even an estimation).

It's eaten everything I've thrown at it, didn't like the POI vs POA on 147gr boolets though, so I'll stick with 124's and 115's.

With the 9 and .40 being similar and using the same holster profile it's been nice to decide what to carry based on how many rounds I'd expect to need in any given time. Rounds needed is based on proximity to people I know who are also carrying. Some days I need to carry stainless and other days FDE is great.

Generally speaking the 9MM 147 grain round are longer than 115 an 124 grain rounds, therefore possible feeding issues, I like 147 best, but I favor 124 grain as the most reliable for all my various 9's

I just bought a XDS in 40 to be a backup to my Mod 2 40. I carry the XDS in the pocket, not a fast draw with my bum thumb, but I can do it and I have a common caliber to carry.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top